Armageddon Is Right Around the Corner!

by Cold Steel 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

the term harmageddon is used only once ,it is symbolic of how the saints and world powers are in a spiritual war over the kingdom preaching . It ends when the last saint is martyred.IMO

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Armageddon Is Right Around the Corner!

More WBT$ Crap!..

........................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• l p
    l p

around the corner....

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Armageddon is just around the corner sells magazines and books so why stop.

And it also scares the shit out people so they keep on distributing the WTS. literature door to door.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Blondie (quotation): How dangerous it would be to adopt the view that, not knowing when the end will come, we should plan for a full and “normal” life!

Yikes! This chills my soul. It seems people are penalized for trying to live a normal life. Still, and this is most important, it’s one’s own responsibility to plan for either emergencies in life and for the future. Although the Society may talk behind one’s back and criticize, ultimately it can do nothing if one wants to work towards a pension and lead that “normal” life. I think it’s because one wants to put one’s faith in the arm of flesh that he/she decides to throw caution to the wind and do Jehovah’s will. The only problem is, Yahweh has never asked anyone to cut off their future plans or vacations to hand out tracts.

ResistanceIsFutile: ...what would the average Mormon say if asked the same question? I heard they're required to have several months of supplies in preparation for Armageddon, is this correct? Serious questions, I'm not trying to be patronizing.

No problem.

First, Mormons believe that Armageddon will be a horrific battle fought on the outskirts of Jerusalem over a three and a half year period, and that unless some Jehovah's Witnesses happen to be visiting there when the battle breaks out, it will have little to do with them. We also are encouraged not to put off our educations or fail to plan for our retirements. And because we deem ourselves to be a prophetic people with all the spiritual gifts of the ancient church, we believe certain things must occur before the Second Coming of Christ, many of which have not happened. Prophetic indications are:

• Jews must gather back to Jerusalem and reestablish themselves in the lands of their fathers’ inheritance. (Fulfilled)
    • The third temple must be built according to Ezekiel (40-43) and John (Revelation 11:1-2). (Not Fulfilled)
    • The United States will collapse financially, leading major cities to erupt into major civil wars. (Not Fulfilled)
    • Unable to project its once potent power, the United States no longer will be a significant player overseas. European powers will crumble into war and a major power will arise and consolidate tremendous military and economic power. (Not Fulfilled)
    • Significant natural disasters will afflict the people of the world, and a desolating sickness will cover the land, particularly in the United States, where these things will sweep the wicked from the face of the land; and he who will not lift up his sword against his neighbor must flee to Zion. (Beginning to be Fulfilled)
    • Out of the major power overseas will arise a despot who will declare death upon the Jews and devastating war. Alliances will be formed with Israel’s neighbors “round about” the nation. (Not Fulfilled)
    • Once the alliances are complete, this despot, called “the beast” by John and “Gog” by Ezekiel, will sweep out of the north and threaten instant annihilation of the Jews. Two prophets will be raised up to the Jewish people and these prophets will keep the beast at bay for 3.5 years using the power of God, as did Moses. (Not Fulfilled)
    • After 3.5 years, the beast will finally succeed in killing the two prophets. At that point they will take a few days off to celebrate their victories while their bodies lie in the streets for all to see; however, after three days, both prophets will suddenly resurrect and stand upon their feet. Then, in front of their enemies, they will ascend towards heaven and a great earthquake will occur. Then will occur the coming of the Messiah. (See Ezek. 38-39, Zech. 12-14, and Rev. 11)

These aren’t all, but they will suffice for this discussion. The authorities of the church have routinely said they don’t know when these things will happen, but to be ready. And again, they warn people not to think we’re so close that we become irresponsible and fail to plan for our futures, and they expressly encourage us to better ourselves and seek higher education. Brigham Young University was established for that purpose, though Mormons can be found at all universities and colleges.

• mP
    mP

Cold:

Ezekiel was a fraud, he made another prophecy that tyre (Eze 26) would be destroyed forever and yet its still around today. Look it up on google earth.

- Deu 18 tells us that frauds will make prophecies that fail. Ezekiel fits this.

• scary21
    scary21

I have a book in my library called Armageddon Around the Corner by William J. Whalen 1962.......that's over 50 years ago.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Cofty:

It is a bit ironic when an apologist for one apocalyptic cult criticises another apocalyptic cult.

So true.

But as Cold Steel has said before, the Mormon's fictitious/ make-believe stories are better than the JWs fictitious/make-believe stories, so in CS's estimation, his criticizms are justified.

It's no different than the flat earth adherents taking jabs at the the-moon-is-made-of-cheese adherents. It's best to just let the two-year-olds fight.

• jam
    jam

Rationalwiki.org/wik/list-of-predictions-of-the-world, from

the list. I really love Mr. Zoroastrianism prediction "the end of

the world will happen when a comet, called Gochihr strikes the

earth. It will cause all the world's metal to melt and will burn

up the world. At the same time, sinners and pious will pass

through this river of molten metal. Sinners will have their sins

burnt away and the pious will feel like they're passing through

warm milk. That's nice.

As I was scrolling down the predictions and came to the 20th

century I fell of the floor from laughing.

It bold print, JW's lead the way, 1914,1915,1918,1920,1925,1941,

and 1975.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Higher education is now lumped in with fornication and murder, but not because Armageddon is right around the corner! It's precisely because it's not: educated people can think for themselves and see that it ain't coming now or probably ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit