Your Baptism

by Aunt Fancy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

We have been going through our literature and throwing away a lot of it which feels great. My hubby came cross the program from my baptism in 1986. The Divine Peace DC held in the Astrodome in Houston, TX. He always wrote the attendance and the amount baptized so on that day there were 30,894 in attendance nd 531 baptized! I looked at the program and busted out laughing because in it was a section "program points I plan to use". He had written all of the items for lunch and the amount of tickets they were! He laughed hen I showed it to him. He said that was one easy and fun job he enjoyed doing was handing out the food so he was memorizing the wht each one cost. I remember those conventions as being fun but that changed quickly when we moved and had to go to the Vet in Philly! Times sure have changed! Anyone else have info from your baptism?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i've thought about being rebaptised.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

My parents still have photos of my baptism in 1972.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i can't remember the year.

it was a while ago

i can remember what i was doing when i heard that John Lennon had been shot and when I heard that Freddie Mercury was dead but my baptism is a bit difficult.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Anyone else have info from your baptism?_____Aunt Fancy

I don't, I only have a high school education

but it left me wise enough not to get baptised in this mess

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

I was 10 when I got baptized (one year before you AuntFancy! And also at the Astrodome.

I thought many times on suing to be 'unbaptized' because for a religion that believes in adult baptism I was no where near the age of consent. Do ya think I have a case??

• clarity
    clarity

Wasblind smart cookie!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I was baptised 1964 at barely 12 years old during a circuit assembly at the fairgrounds. The baptism was held at a local kingdom Hall where they had pushed the chairs to the wall and put a doughboy pool in the middle of the room! About 7 were immersed and only about 30 showed up to observe. Afterward, no fanfare whatsoever. My parents treated it as though I was merely doing what I was supposed to do. (kinda like making my bed.) Edit to add: This was before the pre- baptism questions were asked. Does this mean my baptism was also not valid???

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Backseat and 3rdgen wouldn't it be nice if we could void our baptism! I am sure many people ish they could do that.

Wasblind, you were very smart you didn't do that.

Ucantnome, I am sure many can't remember much about that day either.

• zadok777
    zadok777

Aunt Fancy-Your Baptism.

Info about my Baptism does take me back. I did it once for all time. Have not seen any need to do it again. This does take me back in time.

I wanted to be baptized at the "Triumphant Kingdom" Assembly at Comiskey Park in Chicago in June 24, 1955, but the people I went with to the assembly did not make it to the morning session when the baptism talk was given. I was only 12 and could not drive myself. Ha Ha or now a days LOL...I had to wait till the Circuit Assembly at Battle Creek, Michigan, on October 29, 1955. The Talk was given by R. E. Gilbert, the Circuit Servant and I said YES to the two questions asked. D. E. Stull was the District Servant for the assembly. The year before in 1954 C. W. Barber was our District Servant, he went a long ways after those days of travel.

In 1955 we were less than 20 years to the "New World". I was a kid in 1955. In 2013 I am an older man. I still hold fast. I gave my life and soul to do God's will, some days I do OK and some days I fail. I put my trust in Jehovah and his son Jesus. I hold fast to what is true. I keep my friendships with those who holdfast to what is fine. I was out for some years and I have come back some. Life is a road we travel with our God and he lights the way. Red is grey and Yellow white...we must decide what is right and what is an ...........

My best to all who read and post here.

Zadok777

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit