Being told you are hated by everyone?

by trailerfitter 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wasblind
    wasblind

Two things crazy things Jehovah's Witnesses believe

1) they take to extreme that they are separate from the world becuase they are not part of the world

Case and point :

Pub: Conditions in the world are obviously important to you are they not ?

But do you know what Jehovah's witnesses believe ? We are no part of the world

Yes we're from another planet

2) The truth changes

Case and point:

Pub: Wow, what a fender bender. Would you like me to be your witness in court ?

Defendant : Would you be willin' to do that for me ?

Pub : Sure, I will explain to the court how the truth can be adjusted

Defendant :

• adamah
    adamah

trailerfitter said-

WHAT? Okay, reality check - this is actually taught by the Watchtower? Or is this just elitistism that comes with the territory?

Nope, it's taught, and it's actually Biblically-based, as those were the words of Jesus (although he was likely speaking in a context of gnostic beliefs, as if Jesus only appeared as an illusion of being a mortal, like the angels who only appeared to be in mortal form without taking mortal form). Fantasy stuff, all of it.

The "no part of this World" bit is a CLASSIC example of mortal men's practice of 'ingroup' vs 'outgroup' team-building, where in-groups adopt special dress codes (uniforms) and a set of doctrinal policies/beliefs that make them stand out from the crowd.

A group of people HAS to be different in some identifiable manner to others in order to justify their existence as a sub-group of society. Jews led the way by adopting distinctive clothing/grooming standards and dietary/religious habits, and JWs follow suit, by literally wearing suits and ties (I just saw a group of JWs, and they are obvious from a mile away) and refusing to take blood, salute the flag, etc. Circumcision is a physical cultural marker of being a Jew, just as wearing a suit and tie on a weekend is for a JW.

The KEY to fighting this attitude (esp in your son) is to point out the COMMONALITIES amongst humans, and not focus on the bad, the differences. WHat they're doing is trying to reinforce their members' selection bias, a form of 'cherry-picking' where people only accept as evidence that which they WANT to see. The goal SHOULD be to see the word as it really is, and the way to do that is to point out the exceptions which tend to disprove the rule.

BTW, I just reverse-preached to a group of 4 JWs, grabbing a random Gideon Bible near me to ask them about Genesis 3:6, asking why their version dropped the 'wisdom' reference (I opened my computer to biblehub.com to show them ALL the other translations that had it, just not the NWT). They offered "but Adam and Eve were perfect" defense, and I asked how having a desire for ANYTHING could be described as 'perfect'?

(I wrote about this issue in the Paradox of Adam and Eve here)

They sauntered off with a look of induced cognitive dissonance on their faces, trying to make sense of the contradictory beliefs, and gave me a promise to get back to me with "the answer" after looking into it. Maybe they'll find the correct answer after reading my blog?

Adam

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Yes, I find it ironic that Jehovah's Witnesses claim that it is they who are being hated.

Especially after this years conventions where they were taught to hate all of the "mentally diseased" so called apostates.

Who is it then that is really doing the hating.

and

Who is it that is really being hated!

If there are any in the Ex-JW community who still read the bible then you probably remember several places in scripture which describe the end time "hate" being between brothers!

The "hate" is not between Christians and so called Worldly people.

The "hate" is between Christians brothers and Christian brothers!

The "hate" is not inclusive of the "World".

I do NOT see the EX-JW community teaching each other that they have to "hate" the Jehovah's Witnesses.

I do however, see and hear the leadership of the Watchtower Society teaching their own membership that they have to hate those excluded from their community (aka EX-JWs).

The extreme vilification of the EX-JW community is blatanty profound!

Isaiah 66:5

Hear the word of Jehovah, YOU men who are trembling at his word: "YOUR brothers that are hating YOU, that are excluding YOU by reason of my name, said, ‘May Jehovah be glorified!’ He must also appear with rejoicing on YOUR part, and they are the ones that will be put to shame."

Matthew 24:10-12

Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off.

Romans 9:25-26

and in the place where it was said to them, ‘YOU are not my people, there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’"

John 16:1-2

"I have spoken these things to YOU that YOU may not be stumbled. 2 Men will expel YOU from the synagogue. In fact, the hour is coming when everyone that kills YOU will imagine he has rendered a sacred service to God.

It is not "Worldly" people hating Christians!

IT IS CHRISTIANS HATING CHRISTIANS!

abe

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I remember thinking like that when I was first converted, in 1969. They talked a lot about the incident when they were jailed briefly for sedition in 1918 as proof they were persecuted, plus they went on about how other religions hated and feared them. I pretty quickly figured out this was paranoia and hype, but I guess some witnesses still think that way. Despite the door to door work, most people have no clue what JWs believe. At best they know they knock on doors and don't celebrate Birthdays. I told someone once that I used to be a dub, later she told everyone I used to be Amish. That just illustrates how ineffective the preaching work is, that nobody hates the JWs, because they don't know enough to form an opinion, much less hate them.

They are a legend in their own mind.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

When Jesus said, " YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name", (Matt.24:9) he was warning his 1st century disciples as to what they as Christians would experience, not what a 20th - 21st hybrid religion with a new unscriptural "designer name" would experience. (on account of Jesus' name - not the name of Jehovah!)

The Bible scholar Clarke wrote an excellent summary of how Jesus' warnings at Matthew chapter 24 were all fulfilled during the "end" of that Jewish generation at 70 C.E. - even verse 14, as Paul testified at Colossians 1:23; "the hope of that good news which YOU heard, and which was preached in all creation that is under heaven."

ht tp://www.preteristarchive.com/Books/1810_clarke_commentary.html

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My former business partner asked "why would you ever hire someone who has a persecution complex and thinks the Devil is out to get 'em constantly?"

Doc

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

JW's just do not realise how insignificant they are to the general public, who rarely think about them, know little of what they believe or stand for, and really don't give a flying fudge bar about them.

There is more hatred for immigrants here in the U.K than for JW's, who are simply looked upon as looney people who knock on your door far too early on a Saturday, shove a couple of mags in youir hand, and then run like hell, just as you were about to ask them for more info.

The Cult Mind Control that induces this feeling of being persecuted and hated is an interesting, but frustrating thing to behold, as with all JW beliefs, it bears no passing resemblance to Reality.

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

The secular world is coming together slowly, people are breaking boarders and boundries than never before. I find it increadible that a groups wish to be outside society entirely. Phizzy is right, most folk here in the UK already are aware of the JWs and the door knocking and have a giggle at them, nothing hateful or nasty however the immigrant population from former Soviet countries do not know who they are. There is a big drive in this area of Norfolk for JWs to learn Russian and Lithuanian in order to prothletise to them. It is working. She is Ukrainian, speaks Russian and is very useful to the organisation at this moment in time.

Persecution is a good thing - i remember watching a JW video which one of the governing body said it was good. Rediculous man.

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

Okay one thing that made me giggle, being as Christmas is a Pagan celebration. That I would agree on. So much tradition was adopted by the church.

I met some JWs, one in particular she had named her daughter Freya,. this is indeed is a pagan name of the goddess of fertility, Perhaps it was through utter ignorance of history .... but the irony of the situation.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It is all part of the cult mentality, it makes them special, set apart , better than the others . To someone with a negative personality, who has never felt popular among peers, this gives the perfect excuse. "It is because we have the truth, the outside world is jealous that is why they don't like me - I feel good about myself now"

Some years ago in the U K , Millwall Football club attracted a lot of negative publicity because of the fan's misbehaviour. They adopted the chant " Nobody likes us but we don't care!"....It was the same kind of reaction, turning criticism into a source of pride.

It is a great tool for manipulitive cults.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit