Being told you are hated by everyone?

by trailerfitter 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

Okay, after a discussion with the seperated wife who admitted that because she is a Jehovahs witness that she expects to be hated by everyone. She expressed that she was "foreign" and not the same as others since she is not of this world.

WHAT? Okay, reality check - this is actually taught by the Watchtower? Or is this just elitistism that comes with the territory? Is this damaging slave mentality abuse?

Alarm bells started ringing as the cult "Heavens Gate" came to mind.

What further transpired because I do get on with people and consider myself of a global mentality - she stated that I am "one of them".

The discussion started after she had an incident with some children outside my house. They were cheeky and basically her to say thank you for them moving out of the way so she could park her car. Okay, sort of thing that could be shrugged off as the kids are just cheeky. But for her it is and issue and a big one.

They do not know that she is a Jehovahs Witness, all the same the mind set is there and was obvious.

From a personal view point when her brethern come around our estate no one really takes much notice of them.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

trailerfitter:

The discussion started after she had an incident with some children outside my house. They were cheeky and basically her to say thank you for them moving out of the way so she could park her car. Okay, sort of thing that could be shrugged off as the kids are just cheeky. But for her it is and issue and a big one.

Sounds like the same kind of paranoia as in the mysterious case of 'Splane and the staring children'. The children most likely neither know nor care that the person is 'a JW'. The belief that 'the world' 'hates' JWs is just another silly JW superstition, based on a cultish 'us versus them' mentality. Kind of like how conventions in the 1920s were supposedly 'fulfilments' of things from Revelation. And the 'main aim' of 'demons' is to stop people becoming JWs.

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

Not that demons really exsist in the first place...it is all in the mind of creative thinkers and exploiters who wish to groom the minds of others. I can imagine 600 years ago in the UK and Europe it was rife, everyone was told by the churches and believed that satan ruled the world that why it was so wicked. but not now. Just silly.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

trailer-It makes the JW's feel justified in their beliefs to say that everyone hates them. The least amount of normal annoyance by anyone on the outside is considered persecution and validates their skewed sense of purpose. I've actually heard JW's say that it is Satan who is requiring higher education to work in the medical field...no, it is just that people prefer to have someone work on them who actually understand anatomy, hygiene protocol, pathogenes, the nervous system and so on.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Marked

• life is to short
    life is to short

I just had a JW tell me that. I had hernia surgery three weeks ago and I ran into an older JW woman. I was walking kind of slowly and I told her about my surgery and how I had this really wonderful doctor and how I was doing really well for the most part expect for this bruise on my leg. Without missing a beat this JW tells me 'well you know the doctor beat you right. Everyone is always trying to get at those of us in the "truth" and he beat you while you were under, that is why you have the bruise.'

I was just blown away, at first I truly thought she had to be joking and I started to laugh but she really meant it and was kind of annoyed that I laughed.

You just cannot make this stuff up.

LITS

• designs
    designs

There is a certain 'specialness' to the indoctrination we got as JWs. People like feeling unique even if it is negative attention and the 'hated by the world' fit the bill with so many. Now they actually knew who they were, as odd as that now seems.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

batshit crazy!

Next!

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

All JW's believe the reason they have so many problems is that Satan is focusing his attack on them.

Satan doesn't bother worldly people or ex JW's cause he already has them.

Watchtower training 101.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

As I said on another thread JWs feel they constantly have to endure life instead of enjoy it. They don't need to keep enduring. It's an illusion created by that organisation by :-

a) Working the members half to death and causing chronic illness and psychiatric problems.

b) Forcing the members, by the use of weird doctrines, to be no part of the world which gives them a persecution complex because no normal person can understand them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit