I wonder if my mom will ever go back to the meetings ?

by scary21 14 Replies latest jw friends

• scary21
    scary21

Well, my 89 year old JW mom has been in her new apartment now for over 4 months. My sister and I moved her back to MI. from FL.

We were forced to by the JW's who wanted to commit her. They were calling and threatening me that the state was going to take her house.

BASTARDS .......unloving people that just wanted to get rid of her after being a JW for 59 years.

I have asked her a few times " don't you want to get back to the kingdom hall ? " She says " after I get settled in " lol

She is going to a big BQ party today with my sister. This will be like the fifth party this summer she has attended. I think she has been STUMBLED

with the way she was treated by her loving brothers, or maybe she just found out worldly parties are more fun then going to the KH.

There was one wittness that came to the door and knocked but by the time my sister answered ( 6 seconds ) They were gone. Left at the door was an ass invite. It's so hard to talk to a JW, even if you wanted to.

I kind of think my mom will NEVER be settled in .......ha ha ha......to all you JW

Widows and orphans my ass....... Sherry

• *lost*
    *lost*

yep ..... widows and orphans my arse is right.

They will all hang themselves, by their so un-christian works.

HYPOCRITES

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi scary21, I hope that you are able to keep your mother happy going to non-JW parties so that the rest of her life is happy and enjoyable.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• nugget
    nugget

What right have they to commit your mother? That is surely a decision taken by medical professionals at the request of the family. The fact that they feel that have the ability to interfere in family matters shows that they lack any perspective or compassion.

I would be surprised if your mum rushes back.

• scary21
    scary21

They could never commit her. They could call someone from the state ,like you call soical services if someone is not taking care of their child. They have to come out and check even if it was not true. My mom was in good health. She does not even need a cain. Her house was so clean it sold in one day and she only has one cat...lol She does have some short term memory problems. If they came out and she got confused on what year it is....well I don't know, she would be upset. What would happen ???? I did not want to chance it. Maybe we would have to go to court to get her back ??? If the JW's would have kept out of it, my mom could have stayed in her own home a little longer. The worldly neighbor loved her and was doing a great job helping her. The elders told me they could not help her because she has family !

Yes, she has family, her family was 1,200 miles away.......... Another stupid JW rule.......to get out of doing the right thing......just like the 2 witness rule for abusing a child. At least they come up with a scripture for that one....oh wait, I'm sure there's one about taking care of family.... and friends can't lift a finger....... I know my mom. I knew when she left her home she would go down hill, and she has.

Have any of the elders called me since she's been back to see how she's doing ?

What do YOU think ??????? NO NO NO HELL NO

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I wouldn't expect any call from your mom's congregation. They were done with her.

Not that you or anyone else is greedy but I would review you mothers Last Will and Testament and other documents. I have seen slick brothers move in for the elderly family members signature so they could act as executors then dump the total responsibility of assisting an elderly individual on the unexpecting distanced sons, daughters, etc. When I was growing up one elder specifically made this his profession.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Sherry, I hope your Mom will be happy there and I agree with Jake to check and make sure no one had her will changed to include the WTBT$. I have never heard of that one where the congregation can't help because she has family, what happened to brotherly love and being kind to one another???

• smiddy
    smiddy

I have never heard of that one where the congregation can't help because she has family, what happened to brotherly love and being kind to one another???

I have been out for more than twenty years and this was well known when I was in , I dont know where my brain was back then ,but the fact is the society always defaulted to the family ,it didnt matter if the family were jehovahs witnesses or not , the immediate family were the ones to to take care of them .The WTB&TS disowened them , they are not our responsability . BASTARDS

smiddy

• scary21
    scary21

I asked a JW here about the " we can't help you if you have family " They said yes it's true. That does not mean members in the congregation can't help you if they want to. ( nobody wanted to) The elders will not take it upon themselves to go around to individuals to bring it to their attention that there is a need to help someone to the store or doctor. Bring them a home cooked meal, cut their grass, things that could help. My mom is shy and would never ask for anything.

When my mom was younger she sure cooked and ran the older JW's all around town. They were her friends. They are all dead now.

When it was her turn, nobody was there for HER. What a bummer to out live all your friends. If you are a JW , make sure you are the oldest of your friends and NOT the youngest.......lol Oh, and don't live too long !

Sherry

• scary21
    scary21

I did check my moms will.....everyhing goes to me and my sister......not a dime to the WTS....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit