David Splane does not bow head when giving a prayer!

by VM44 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Comatose
    Comatose

Don't hug your wife or hold hands during prayer. Never thought that was quite logical. Sounded like a single jealous bethel writer had that idea.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Splane's wife is probably holding onto him so he can't run away and stare at children while everyone else isn't looking.............or whatever it is he does with kiddies.

• hotspur
  • bigmac
    bigmac

well--lets hope he bows his head and looks down when he takes a pee.

• VM44
    VM44

Thank you Calebs Airplane for making clear what was written in Spanish.

The title of this thread should now be updated to:

David Splane does not bow head during prayers!

If anyone has the opportunity to observe Splane during a prayer, please do so and tell us what he does.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I had the same dillemma as a Sunday School teacher. I'm in a room full of rambunctious youngsters, instructing them to fold their hands and bow their heads...and I'm supposed to close my eyes? Not a chance.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

In fact, prayers can be made silently and completely without outward manifestation

Yep, not even an audible "Amen" is required.

When a Christian representing the congregation in prayer concludes with this expression, those listening may also add an “Amen” in their hearts or audibly to indicate their strong approval of what has just been said.—1 Corinthians 14:16.

The Watchtower 2006, September 1, page 28 par. 7

• Watkins
    Watkins

This is the only thing I've found about any type of posturing during prayer, and the wt must think it's a bit too pentacostal for 'em or something - but there it is in black and white ----

1 Timothy 2:8

Therefore I want the men in every place to pray, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and dissension.

w

• blondie
    blondie

*** w76 9/15 pp. 548-549 Approaching God in Prayer ***

At a meeting when one is leading a group in prayer it is therefore inappropriate to direct the audience to “bow their heads.” Everyone should, of course, assume a respectful posture, but no specific posture makes the prayer more holy. We should consider also the fact that, at a public meeting, unbelievers, though friendly, might not feel like bowing their heads along with the congregation. Simply to announce that ‘we will now approach Jehovah in prayer,’ or some similar expression, would be sufficient.

*** w70 5/15 p. 309 par. 21 Your Conscience Toward Jehovah ***

It is appropriate too that the candidates keep standing as the speaker now offers prayer, especially in behalf of the candidates. All witnesses assembled should bow in prayer, as the one conducting the service leads in asking Jehovah’s blessing upon the occasion and upon those being immersed in particular, that His will might be done then and in the days to come.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Really, there ARE greater problems than this out there in the great wide world than this, are there not?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit