New blog post: Would Jesus Shun?

by adamah 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• adamah
    adamah

Greetings!

This one is shorter than usual (!), since it makes a simple point, based on Jesus' example found in John 8:

http://awgue.weebly.com/would-jesus-shun.html

Thanks for reading, and as usual, please leave comments/corrections here.

Adam

• mP
    mP

Do you mean like how he shunned everybody who wasnt jewish ?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

If you were a slave he would encourage you to work hard for your master.......

so who cares?

No offence x

• mP
    mP

s&r

and pay your taxes. If anyone tallies jesus advice its plain to see he was a rich roman stooge.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Did Jesus shun the greatest apostate, Satan? Nope - he talked Scriptures with him!

Did Jah " " " " " ? Nope - He spoke twice with Satan, at Job 1 & 2.

Also, Christ continually spoke Scripture with the apostate Pharisees & Sadducees - "offspring of vipers and from their father the devil". So is it wrong to talk to someone who doesn't agree with our thinking?

• Laika
    Laika

Huh? That never happened, start with John 4.

• Sadashivom
    Sadashivom

The Searcher

That was a nice angle!

The force with which JWs shun the apostate shows how weak they are. When you sneeze, if your nose will go flown off, you have no other option than sneezing at the cost of your nose. If JWs conviction is going to melt on association with ex-JWs, is it worth living with such conviction?

• mP
    mP

mP:

Laika

Huh? That never happened, start with John 4.

mP:

Actions speak louder than words. Jesus himself tells us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samaritans

• When instructing his disciples as to how they should spread the word, Jesus tells them not to visit any Gentile or Samaritan city, but instead go to the "lost sheep of Israel". Matthew 10:5-6

No wonder with messages like this peter and the other apostles wouldnt eat or preach to the gentils and end up having a big argument with Paul.

Unless J was a terrible teacher or all his apostles were utter idiots who misunderstood, the conflict with paul can only be resolved to confirm that Jesus taught and led by example the idea of ignoring non jews.

Samaritans are half jews, in that they share a common heritage and are not considered gentiles.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Adamah... what I was wondering more then the theological things you wrote: what the hell was Jesus writing in the sand!!! I mean: with all respect for Jesus but if I read something like that it seemed to me he was bored or something...

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

See here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit