Mom & Dad (Uber Dubs) and convo about child abuse within the BORG

by El_Guapo 34 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• scary21
    scary21

The org can't do anything wrong.....your mom can't handle the truth. And they call the org the TRUTH, what a joke. Campos was in the news.

You get reported to the elders for telling your mom a news story about someone she once KNEW. crazy crazy I've heard it all....

• whathappened
    whathappened

I am sorry to hear your own mother unleashed the elders on you. You seem to know what to do. Let us know of any further developments.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Guapo, I had a similar situation some time back. I wrote the branch about the sex abuse and the elders met with me to discuss the issue. They were cool about it and did admit that there have been instances of abuse but that it was always handled in the best way possible.

When I asked why those things happened, their best response was that Jehovah allows it so we have to wait on him to react.

I might recommend either don't go to the meeting or go and try to distance yourself personally from the issue. Maybe you can say someone mentioned it to you or you heard the story on the news to keep you free from more drama with the Elders.

Anyway, wish you the best. You don't owe those dudes any explanations but if you choose to sit with them be prepared mentally to not get angry.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

EG. Strewth mate, what did you say?

I've seen this reaction before. As the others have said, if the elders are daft enough to bother with this trivia then all you can do is say: 'Hey, I was only quoting from a newspaper because we knew this bloke!'

Deny everything anti watchtower(R).

Let us know how it goes.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Facts are neither positive nor negative. They just are.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I feel for you Guapo.

You know what to do about the elders so I will only make one comment...

Thank God I am out of that messed up cult.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Exactly ...

"What makes me really sad is that my mom doesn't sympathise with the mothers of the victims. A normal "motherly" reaction would be disgust, anger, etc. at the monster. She didn't even flinch, her anger is directed toward me. She is truly a BORG zombie devoid of natural motherly emotions. "

I had it with my JW families after their response to my niece's sexual abuse at the hands of JWs ... no empathy at all ... I really wish God would grant my niece the pleasure of being in heaven and her family being able to realize that while they are in hell ... LOL ... that would be perfect scenario ... sorry ... I love that idea ...

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey Guapo. I am in San Diego. I don't know if he was in the Spanish or not, but I know people in that area. I wonder if you and I have met?

How in the world do your parents even have the number to your elders in your current hall. Bizarre.

I would let the elders know you are busy, and don't intend to met with them, but thank them for their time anyways just the same.

If they pop by, just explain your parents were going on and on about abuse in other religions, and just because you mentioned one thing they overeacted. Perhaps they need a more balanced viewpoint of God's people in the time of the end so they are not of so little faith and so easily stumbled.

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

So an elder dropped by work today. (out of the blue) He asked if I could take a break, we walked around the building. He said my Mom had called him and she was afraid that I was dabbing in apostasy. I said NO, I simply sent brought up Gonzalo Campos. He said who, I googled the story on my iphone , NEWS 10 official website. He read it, and said that it's a shame this happens. But, that I shouldn't mention this around the friends, I asked why? He said well for one, you haven't been to meetings in months, suddenly you bring THIS story up, it kinda looks "bad". I said but the magazines (WT/Awake) have no trouble point out the fact that child abuse exisits and is covered up by other churches,? Right? Well, he said if its not positive it best not to be said. We can stumble the friends with stories like this......

That's when I said gotta go......

Last thing he said was: "you gonna make it to meeting this weekend?"

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Behavior Control (Page 22 - Freedom of Mind by Steven Hassan)
    - Encourage group-think (not stumbling others)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit