Long serving pioneer no longer has hours quota to stay on the list...

by NVR2L8 23 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Not trying to judge anybody's motives but I have an idea why some elderly might want to stay on the pioneer list even when they can't do it anymore:

I think some of them are downright afraid that they will not get any help or assistance from the congregation unless they are pioneering.

They probably see that the only ones who get any attention are pioneers and they are fearful of not being in that category! Just my opinion.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So much for joke-hova doing anything to ease the burden. What if that thing were to ensure that anyone who pious-sneers despite advanced age or sickness is HEALED from such infirmities? I bet more people would be inspired if they saw someone starting the month of April in a wheelchair that made a tiny effort to be in field circus, and after filling out the pious-sneer form this person was well again, or the person that is 98 years old suddenly taking on the appearance and function of someone who is only 16, or someone with numerous health issues suddenly becoming healthy upon filling out the application and going out, or the poor person becoming rich without half trying during the month while getting their time in, than in guilt trips.

And it is joke-hova that I blame for that one. Less guilt and more enabling would allow more people to get the benefit--plus regaining fine health and becoming rich as they go along. Imagine how many people would sign up--and how many would welsh on their hours if they started getting wealthy as they go along, getting better physical health, and having their status with the opposite sex improve as they approach their requirement (and even more so if they exceed it). Not to mention the number of people coming into the organization--if they see sickly people approach in the first call (who are starting out) and becoming super-wealthy, super-healthy, and benefiting, they are more likely to want in. And they are more likely to stay in.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
  • dozy
    dozy

I just wonder whether the pioneer cachet is in danger of being heavily diluted now. 30 hour "semi-pioneers" - old ones doing a few hours every month - all are given the same title.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit