Long serving pioneer no longer has hours quota to stay on the list...

by NVR2L8 23 Replies latest jw friends

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

A family member visited us this past weekend and said that my 80 years old mother was recently told she no longer has to meet the annual hour quota to remain on the pioneer list. "What a loving provision from the brothers" were my sister's exact words. "Mom was so stressed out with having to get her hours in every month" Are you freaking kidding me? For decades mom has struggled to meet their service requirements and now that she is worn out and tired they are lovingly providing relief? How indecent for any organization to guilt seniors in spending their last few years of life as unpaid slaves. The last time I saw mom all she could talk about was going out in service and how bad the world has become.My younger brother who never was a witness recently called mom to see if he could come over to show her his newly born grand son...unfortunately her service schedule couldn't accommodate the visit and my brother said he has no intention to become a publisher to be able to visit with mom....

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Sounds like she got on the infirm pioneer list... she is good now!

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Hmmm...one might think that person is most concerned about retaining the title. And that wouldn't make any sense because Jehovah's Witnesses don't care about titles.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

RO...my dad use to mess with them by not signing up for auxiliary pioneer and doing the hours...After the month elders would inquire as to why he didn't sign up. Dad would say that he was not sure he wanted to go out every day. You should sign up anyways the brothers would say as it is encouraging for the congregation.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

NVR2L8, I did that once before too. It was some special campaign for something-or-other years back. Everyone kept asking each other "are you pioneering this month?" I always replied "no," yet was out in service almost every day. When the end of the month came, several people asked "I thought you said you weren't going to pioneer! What made you change your mind??"

"I didn't change my mind. I didn't pioneer this month."

"But you must have gotten over 60 hours!"

"Yeah, I did."

"Well then why didn't you fill out the slip to pioneer?"

"Did I need permission from someone to go out for over 60 hours?"

"Well, no but...."

"I just enjoy being out with the friends. I don't need a title to feel good about doing it."

If they tried the "it would be encouraging to the congregation" my retort was "are you saying that it wasn't encouraging to have me out in service with you this past month??"

It was always fun to sit back and watch those rusty gears try to turn that one over in their minds.

"PIONEER" The only title handed out by the WTS that enables you to do exactly what every single other JW on the planet can do if they want.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Yes, this works out for them as they can still boast about the number of pioneers they have without making the older tried and true put in the hours. It's all about the boasting (in Jehovah, of course).

• blondie
    blondie

BOTH SIDES OF THE MOUTH NOW

*** km 1/08 pp. 3-4 par. 5 “Bear Thorough Witness to the Good News” ***

If you are elderly or infirm or have limited energy, you may be able to auxiliary pioneer by spending a little time each day in the ministry. Ask Jehovah to supply you with “power beyond what is normal.” (2 Cor. 4:7) One sister was able to auxiliary pioneer at the age of 106! With the assistance of her Christian relatives and others in the congregation, she preached from house to house, made return visits, went on Bible studies, and shared in other features of the ministry. She assisted in starting Bible studies with ten people.

*** km 8/07 p. 4 par. 6 A Worthy Goal for the New Service Year ***

Do you hesitate to apply because of health problems or a busy schedule? If you are infirm, pacing yourself may make auxiliary pioneering possible.

*** km 3/03 p. 4 par. 11 Be Zealous for What Is Good! ***

One 86-year-old sister, who is unable to walk because of health problems, signed up to auxiliary pioneer. Starting in the morning, she would do a couple of hours of telephone witnessing while sitting at the kitchen table, rest for a few hours, and then come back and do some more. One person she contacted had lost her husband and two teenage sons in death during the past two years and could not understand why God permits such evil things to happen. A good witness was given, and a Bible study was started.

• Perry
    Perry

"One sister was able to auxiliary pioneer at the age of 106! With the assistance of her Christian relatives and others in the congregation, she preached from house to house, made return visits, went on Bible studies, and shared in other features of the ministry. She assisted in starting Bible studies with ten people."

That aint 'nutin. I once new a pioneer that at the ripe old age of 126 was still able to arm wrestle Baptist preachers for their Mrs' homemade apple pie!! AND ... he was only using two of his fingers too!

Seriously, is there no limit to the burdens they heap on others?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

And What did Jesus our king say? "dont let your right hand know what your left is doing". But hey hes just our King and not the GB so i guess he doesnt count.

• okage
    okage

In reference to @Blondie's post:

I feel that church publications should have to print their sources in association with their writings. You can argue "religious beliefs" all you want, but if you're just printing lies for personal gains, it's propaganda. If your faith relies on propaganda, you aren't a religion, you're a political faction like communism or libertarianism. No amount of truth needs lies to further itself and that bs about a 106 year old woman being seemingly more successful and efficient than most other Witnesses is propaganda on its face.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit