What is the WT's definition of an Apostate...

by Bells 20 Replies latest jw friends

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

If you leave your Church or religion because you see hypocracy, wrongdoing or doctrinal errors, you are considered to be "honest hearted and a "seeker of truth" .

If you leave the Watchtower Society for the very same reasons, you are an Apostate and are the worst kind of unbeliever.

• cedars
    cedars

From a September 1st 1980 letter to all Circuit and District Overseers...

Cedars

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

So if a person does not want to be DF'd for what ever reason they should pretend to be readjusted by the elders conducting the JC, and you have a good chance of escaping, and get back some power by subterfuge, become part of a fifth column choosing according to you own time table.

• label licker
    label licker

But then look what happened to us. Hubby tried telling the one elder that the fds didn't start until 1919 according to their new light and the elder said that wasn't true. That the fds has been here since the apostles. Then he pointed his finger at hubby and said your an apostate and said he was df'd. That's all it took. When it came to my jc I kindly reminded him (since he was on my jc) what he did to my hubby and he admitted that hubby was right but still wouldn't reinstated him. (don't worry, hubby knows for sure this is not the truth)We have it all on tape. To me I believe more than anything in this world society's definition of apostasy is anyone who believes in the bible period! To them it's all about their trashy literature and false doctrines. It's no wonder the spot they picked to build their new world headquarters is in a protected rattlesnake pit! Check it out for yourselves.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

LL,

Yes but he held his ground,, if he lied, and said something to the effect: "Well After talking to you brothers I'm starting to change my mind over to what you said, You know you guys are really the arm of jehovah or holly spirit in action comming to the rescue, if you guys didn't convince me I shudder what would happened thank you very much, I see much clearer now how much I have been decieved, god! how could I have been so stupid thank you from the bottom of my heart or something less extreme(pour it on as heavy and thick as you deem advisable) could turn them around.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

"So if a person does not want to be DF'd for what ever reason they should pretend to be readjusted by the elders conducting the JC, and you have a good chance of escaping, and get back some power by subterfuge, become part of a fifth column choosing according to you own time table. "

Works for me!!

I love this one, it's particularly damning. An "apostate" is anyone who fails to respond to repeated "re-adjustment" techniques. The new GB teaching is just an idea. How can I be an apostate for not beleiving an unproven idea?!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Bells, you and I are in the same boat.

This whole apostate definition is so convoluted.

I reminded him that converts of other religions to the WTBTS are apostates. He didn't like hearing that, it make him "think".

• Gopher
    Gopher

Yes this apostate thing is convoluted. My two baptized uncles (now in their 60's and 70's) both left the JW's about 50 years ago. However, they faded and disappeared from a small-town congregation. So since they were never announced from the platform as "Disfellowshipped / disassociated" (or "no longer a JW" as they announce these days), they can freely associate with my JW relatives. However my sister and I were announced, so we're viewed as dangerous / poisonous and possibly apostate. BTW - My two uncles feel exactly the same way about JW's as my sister and I do.

So the rule is: IF you were baptized and subsequently announced from the platform, then you could be apostate. If you were only baptized but got away, you're merely a "lost sheep".

And of course, ALL this is Bible-based (tm).

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Anybody who even dares to suggest the governing body

and the faithful and discreet slave doctrine

are not biblical and no such WT world order exists.

Anybody who tries to discuss scriptures aside from

exactly what is printed in the WT or the "literture"

"Apostate" is the jehovah's wittness bogeyman.

Its all about fear, threat of abandonment,

and the opposite of "truth"

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Awesome! I just noticed that according the letter above, you could be DF'd for not believing the " slave class." Part of thier spiritual fare was that there was a "slave class." There were some DF'd for saying that the Slave was not a class!! Now there is no slave class at all! You must believe it or be branded an apostate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit