Pre-Paid Legal Services...many JWs market it

by Rufus T. Firefly 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly

Does anyone know of any JWs in the US who became involved in marketing Pre-Paid Legal Services? I believe it is now known as Legal Shield.

• Violia
    Violia

I found some reviews and most look bad.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/legal/prepaid.html

• free2beme
    free2beme

It is a get rich quick sceme that is a joke. Always a new one of those from time to time.

• LogCon
    LogCon

Ten years ago I received a telephone call from a Ministerial Servant, trying to get me to start selling Pre-Paid Legal. He was trying to build up his 'network marketing downline'.

THE PLAN : find some dumb schmucks to find some more dumb schmucks etc. etc. etc. till all you have to do is sit back a watch the money roll in.

[I think he wanted to catch up to the elder who was pushing Melaluca.]

Unfortunately for him I had a knowledge of just how much, or more correctly, how little they offer. At the time, I was suing someone who had bought into the Pre-Paid Legal and I heard through the grapevine how angry they were with how little they got for free and how much the actual suit was costing them. Of course anyone in a lawsuit should try to make it as expensive for the other party as possible, which I did. I represented myself. Four times so far and never lost. [Incompetent lawyers would be an excellent.]

When the MS called I had not been attending meetings for five years and during that time had not received one call or visit about my spiritual condition or enquiry into if I needed assistance with anything, from anyone.

Interestingly, I had worked beside this MS for over ten years up to the time I stopped attending. Not once, I repeat, NOT ONCE, did I ever hear him witness to anyone, NOT ONCE did he ever quote a scripture to anyone at work. I was always talking about the kingdom. I think he was embarassed being around me at those times as when I would witness he NEVER contributed to the conversations. Sorry, he did contribute his silence which can often be a good thing.

• LogCon
    LogCon

Incompetent lawyers would be an excellent THREAD.

• cult classic
    cult classic

In this area, claims that a "prominent elder" had become a millionaire selling it was all that was needed to rope in about a hundred minions. When the JWs get a hold of something like this, it creates a bigger buzz than new light.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

My mother-in-law!!!!!! I don't know if she still does though. But she tried to get me to start selling it and I know she was really pushing hard to get one of her other sons to sell it.

No Thank you! I've had enough of harassing people to take things they don't want. I did that for 29 years knocking on doors with the "good news" no more thank you very much.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Pre-paid Legal (Legal Shield) is not a scam just because a few witnesses sell it. I know a few professional people (non JW) who sell it, and I have the product myself and have used it. Being in business, I can ask them to write a letter for me if I have a difficulty with a supplier or a client.

• LogCon
    LogCon

B&D

You can't write your own letter?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Sure its a scam... and nobody in the government knew about it all these years....... a comment from real knowledge...not.

Sure there must be many JWs involved and many mormons and many catholics and some atheists as well. What do you need to know?

its a pre paid legal assitance service. pretty much like insurance but they cover limited legal help...it uses network marketing and it recently changed its compensation plan so many people quit.

Avon, Tupperware, Amway, legal shield etc etc etc are in the direct selling industry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit