Is it just me? AAWA.co

by bafh 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bafh
    bafh

I'm curious, anyone else find the AAWA.co website negative? Heavy handed on the emotional trauma posts, and light on the informational posts? Maybe it is just me but on top of the fact that there isn't much posting going on there, the topics were downers.

maybe I'm missing the point?

bafh

• blondie
    blondie

Have you shared your concern with them; since they are the only ones that can make any changes or improvement?

• bafh
    bafh

No, I haven't since I just looked at it today. I did tell them they need to speed up the website since the pages take forever to load. But it is not really my place to tell them what to post, I was just wondering if maybe there was something I was missing. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks it is a downer.

• blondie
    blondie

We have had several threads on this organization, "critiquing" them. They end up being closed. If you are sincere, and I doubt it, direct any concerns to that website.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Well their focus is to address Watchtower abuses and names certain critical ones. It is clearly in their name.

If you are looking for different that may not be the place.

• Laika
    Laika

The website says they are the 'Advocates for awareness of Watchtower abuses'

Abuse is not a happy subject.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

No, someone in the universe must agree with me, they are destroying the apostate community. I refuse to visit the website b/c I will become so furious I will need a benzodiazapem drip. No organization is all bad. Hitler did some positive things that were not antiSemitic. Regular active Jehovah's Witnesses and outsiders, in particular, will never believe anything decent apostates ever say b/c of that site.

Your instincts are commendable. I can only speak fo rmyself. Too much discussion is counterproductive sometimes. We are powerless to change it. Write to them or call them and tell them your opinion. Maybe milliions of apostates telling them might have a cumulative effect. I doubt it.

I also note that the people I most admire here tried to tell them. You have great gut insight.

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's horses for courses. The AWAA site does nothing for me, and it is not one I recommend. JWFacts engages me far more effectively.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit