Has anyone else ever wondered this ?

by scary21 19 Replies latest jw friends

• scary21
    scary21

I know the big A is just a fairy tale, but even when I believed in it many years ago I could not wrap my mind around such questions.

I never believed I would be in the new system. I thought if by some fluke I ended up there, maybe I would be the biggest sinner that still made it.

OK, maybe the second biggest sinner that made it lol........someone would have to be the second biggest sinner in the whole world to make it.

What would a JW's answer be to this question ? The biggest bummer would be the best JW that lost out because he yelled at his wife that morning. So he took the spot of being the BEST one who was destroyed. Someone would have to be that person. What a bummer to give your life to the org. only to lose out by .0000000000000001 % I know this is crazy thinking , but if JW's WERE right this would be a cruel fact . Sherry

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Just wish I could spell and type slower....

• scary21
    scary21

???? I try

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

no, but i dig your train of thought. im gonna shoot in the dark and guess that you were labled ADD or ADHD. i do tend to have crazy stuff like that flash thru my brain mush. here is one... do you realize that somone, somwhere is in the process of making the worst decision of their life? keep thinking outside the box.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I used to think that, even though I didn't meet the standards of the Watchtower (irregular in service and meetings), that maybe, just maybe, Jehovah would be merciful and spare me at the big A. Then I started realizing that, even if the WTBTS were right, it would mean that God was a nit picking accountant, writing up the pluses and minuses in his big good and bad book. If there was a God, why would he be like that? How could he be? I decided either he does not exist, or he could not be the vindictive, pathetic being that the Watchtower proclaimed him to be.

• scary21
    scary21

Fakesmile , no, no one has ever said I was ADD. I have heard several times that I THINK to much. Maybe I am ADD. LisaRose YES. that's what I think !

Snare, your post is something to think about, For sure.

Sherry

• rmt1
    rmt1

Unless something has changed, the equation when I left in 1999 involved two truths: All non-JWs were as good as dead. Not all JWs were as good as saved. So to answer the OP the first JW to be killed at Armageddon would be some flavor of deceitful, etc, you name it, you know plenty of them, and the last JW to be killed, the one who just didn't have enough merit, would probably be along the lines of, 'yes you're ill and yes you say you do all you can for Jehovah but did you really need to miss that one meeting that one time when you did factually have the medical capability of relocating your body into a vehicle, into the Kingdom Hall, but you did not.' Or, 'you did have the medical capability of intruding yourself into someone else's day based on their conversation you overheard on the subway, that one time, but you did not.'

Those shades of choice are the sword of Damocles hanging every day over JWs who might believe in Armageddon. I personally suspect that the greater number of JWs do not believe in Armageddon but do completely fear the social Armageddon of leaving the cult, and so it is faintly comparable.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Do the math dude. 144,000 out of 7 Billion people on the planet.

Means one in 10,000 jw's to get on the crazy train.

That's 2 people in an entire stadium full of 20,000 people.

and i got a bridge to sell you in brooklyn.

• creativespirit
    creativespirit

And then again....

Those who have been through genocide --- the holocaust - Adolf Hitler - Idi Amin - Saddam Hussain --- the Rwandan genocide ---- victims of various other horrendous unspeakable crimes. ---- haven't they already seen Armageddon?

The "BIG" A is just a fear-mongering way of controlling people and getting them to do what you want them to do.

• scary21
    scary21

rmt1 DING DING DING.... someone gets what I'm talking about. That is the answer I expected . It just shows how JW's have to live with guilt and fear hanging over their heads at all times. Today they may be safe but tomorrow....................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit