watchtower tones down apostate talk at august 3rd convention!

by nowwhat? 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

"It is possible that they received a last- minute notification to make some changes, probably due to the liability issues recently raised in Denmark. At our convention, my brother said they received an urgent letter regarding the drama- they were to make sure that Job and his wife were not standing next to each other or touching because, you know, they wouldn't be married anymore in paradise. Weird.... "

This is 100% true. It happened at my DC first, I believe. The sheep were faced with a conundrum! Why were Job and his hot wife holding hands? Was is platonic? Is nu-light going to be revealed by the holy FDS?GB?!? An urgent letter was e-mailed from HQ. Job and his wife were NOT to hold hands under any circumstances! LOL!!!!

I have no doubt that the " Apostate " talks will be toned down from here on out. Changes are only made in regards to situation that threaten MOTHER financially. It would be great if someone could get a recording.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

A recording of the original version, and of the toned down would be pretty damning, how can such an action be justified, apart from protecting their profits ?

And where was Holy Spirit, which directs God's Org/Channel/Spokesman ?

• Gayle
    Gayle

Seemed like one speaker (on the talk about apostates and DF'd family members) put too much enunciation & emotion into the words. Guess he stirred things up. And one says the same words, but softly, less emotion, but matter of fact tone. Still, it's 'all' hateful.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Maybe they realized how it would make them look hateful in a child custody case .

I'm glad there are recordings of that crap . For people to use .

"The cats already out of the bag ."

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Was this in the US or some other Country?

I could see where there could be liability issues elsewhere and thus a change in the program. I'll be really shocked if it was changed in the US.

It would be great if someone would volunteer to record this at an upcoming US convention............AND perhaps elsewhere so a comparison could be made.

Doc

• blondie
    blondie

Does anyone have a script and/or tape of these talks? Excerpts? From the US and the UK? Old and current?

• blondie
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIDIOT:

I have to laugh because JWs DO believe people who leave the religion want to start their own religion and attract followers! This actually points the finger of guilt back at the JWs. As they say: "It takes one to know one." They obviously know themselves.

I don't know any ex-JWs who have started their "own" religion. Many are like me and want nothing to do with religion!

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

If this was leeds, i reckon i could get hold of a copy of the item. In my opinion, from what I've read on here regarding previous talks, it was definitely toned down..

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I wonder if the Governing Body beleive their own lies about "apostates". It seems to be a projection of their own evil that they hang onto those that left everything they say about apostates aplies to them and not to the ones that leave. They are in denial and delusional over this whole thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit