watchtower tones down apostate talk at august 3rd convention!

by nowwhat? 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

no mention of them being mentally diseased or using "lies" to deceive God's people, just that they are out to attract followers for themselves!

p.s. i was cringing at the thought of sitting for 3 1/2 hours for the afternoon session but fortunately my one kid got sick!!!

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Followers?

Like Twitter followers or religious followers? Seriously, if every apostate started a religion, there would be at least 2 million more religions on earth now... wtf are these shit heads talking about?

• whathappened
    whathappened

I wonder why.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Hey dude, you at Leeds? See ya tomorrow!

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

So far, despite my efforts nobody has started to follow me as their religious leader. It's a real bummer.

We had our DC last weekend, it was the full on full strength hate speech. Made me sick. What changed this week?

• Glander
    Glander

p.s. i was cringing at the thought of sitting for 3 1/2 hours for the afternoon session but fortunately my one kid got sick!!!

LOL, how did you do it?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Seems like they recieved some notfication from the legal department and decided to refrain the rhetoric to something less than what can be legally term as "Hate Speech".

• stillin
    stillin

Maybe the brother giving the talk softened it down a little. That would be progress.

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Stillin there is never going to be any progress in the Borg.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

stiilin, I would think that a talk like this would have been a manuscript, I thought most of them are at this point. Anyway, If he "toned" it down too much I'm sure big brother who sits up in the chairmans's office scrutanizing the outline/manuscript would have some words with him. Orrrr, could the WTS have sent out a memo to all conventions to come, to soften the language, maybe they sent out a revised outline/script because of bad publicity. i doubt it, but who knows.

please excuse any typos wife is upstairs and i'm an undercover poster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit