No more district assemblies in Tri-Cities. News article

by Indian Larry 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Or maybe they will just go to a DC via video hookup. Just show up at the KH. Of course, a pre-determined charge to help offset the costs would be involved. All in favor? All opposed? That's what i thought.... Soon all KH's with video projectors will also have CC/debit machines in the lobby (for your convenience).

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Ahhh, my old stomping grounds. I was born and raised in Kennewick WA. I lived there for 19 years I don’t remember exactly which year it was, but we used to attend the conventions in Tacoma WA. Then when I was a pre or early teen they switched to Kennewick. Washington does have an Assembly hall not far from Tacoma in Puyallup. I have wondered why they didn’t make everyone just travel to Puyallup to save money. Either way, it was nice having the convention only 5 min away.

Someone commented at the end of the article… “The witnesses are holding many extra large international conventions in 2014 -thus fewer smaller district conventions.”

• life is to short
  • metatron
    metatron

Assemblies..... Magazines...... Bethelites...... Meetings......

It's hard not to feel that they are downsizing/cutting/reducing this cult out of existence.

metatron

• Gayle
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I have wondered for a few years why the DC's at least in my area near Tacoma have gotten smaller. I remember when we use to pack out the Tacoma Dome near 20k but know its like about 5-7k. I guess to reduce costs to the members travel and all. I too wonder if they're not going to make most DC's at the regular circuit assembly halls so they can suck in more profits. At my one day assembly a few months ago the expenses were 5K, thats for a building that's been paid for for over 30 years and the land was donated. I guess water is really expensive here in the Northwest where it rains all the time.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

And now we know why. International Convention to be held in Seattle in 2014. No DC in Tacoma, WA, either. Expecting over 40,000 in attendance. That would take in all the Tacoma and Tri-Cities conventions, I would imagine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit