What constitutes 'proof' on JWN?

by besty 81 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The instance you cite is not one of me refusing to answer for something I’ve said or refusing to clarify something I said.

Well it was, because the reason besty asked the question was to clarify why, on the one hand you later claimed to have advised BXBB to close down their Facebook page during the fiasco, while at the time it was all happening you could not even seem to understand what the problem was.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Well it was, because the reason besty asked the question was to clarify why, on the one hand you later claimed to have advised BXBB to close down their Facebook page, while at the time it was all happening you could not even seem to understand what the problem was.”

slimboyfat,

I clarified why I advised as I did early on for anyone caring to read what I wrote. It’s all there.

My advice was based on the potential of harm that was reported to me.

My advice was not based on intricate knowledge of who did what when, or how this or that piece of Facebook technology works or does not work.

Knowing what date I gave this piece of advice and specifically to whom is irrelevant to why I offered the advice I did. Moreover, that specific information is not something I spoke of to answer for or clarify.

Marvin Shilmer

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Very late in the discussion you were still promoting the idea that the problems had arisen from a fake BXBB Facebook page rather than the genuine one. (Despite dozens of patient explanations why that was not the case) It is difficult to understand how you were able to advise BXBB behind the scenes to close their Facebook page to solve the problem while you were still arguing on the forum that it was a fake BXBB page that was causing the problem.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Very late in the discussion you were still promoting the idea that the problems had arisen from a fake BXBB Facebook page rather than the genuine one. It is difficult to understand how you were able to advise BXBB behind the scenes to close their Facebook page to solve the problem while you were still arguing on the forum that it was a fake BXBB page that was causing the problem.”

slimboyfat,

At the time of my advice in question I did not know whether BBXB closing down whatever Facebook group would or would not solve the problem. I only knew there was potential harm occurring and that it might be something BBXB was responsible for via Facebook. Hence I knew one thing for sure: BBXB could not not act. (Yes. You read that double negative right) To say it another way, whether the BBXB Facebook group was at fault or not, it was potentially a big problem hence should be closed immediately until things were settled.

The fake BBXB Facebook page was something I continued asking about because at the time it appeared to me some discussants were overlapping complaints between the two without clarifying which specific Facebook group their comments were aimed at. I’m not sure some even knew which they were complaining of! So I was asking questions. Many of those questions were never answered because they were presumed irrelevant by a few who went on to say as much.

As I understand things here and now, the fake BBXB group caused much alarm because of the potential problems it posed for people, but it was not something BBXB could control.

I also understand that a BBXB Facebook group launched by a BBXB volunteer also caused much alarm because of the potential problems it posed for people, and this was something BBXB could control and should have deconstructed much sooner than it did.

All that said, I see no instance where I said a thing that I failed to answer for when questioned or failed to clarify upon request, and you have not shown readers an instance of either. If there is such an instance whoever finds it should feel free to ask. I have no problem answering for things I say or clarifying things I say.

Marvin Shilmer

• dazed but not confused
  • zed is dead
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What problems did the fake BXBB Facebook page cause and who was "alarmed" by it?

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I apologise for going off topic here but........ Ive had a particularly stressful week. When I read this thread I thought it was much ado about nothing. However, SBF, made me LOL with his comment about nattering on and hip bloody horray. HAhahaha. thanks for lifting my mood!

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“What problems did the fake BXBB Facebook page cause and who was "alarmed" by it?”

slimboyfat,

I never saw the fake BBXB Facebook page. Those claiming to see it allege it contained hundreds of “members” who had not joined and whose identity was exposed, or at least whatever Facebook presence they used was exposed.

Those alarmed were, essentially, anyone who knew about it and had reason to think they’d been added to the group without their knowledge and permission.

To this day I’m not sure who here was concerned about this fake BBXB group because when I attempted to bore down into this detail I was practically mobbed by complaints of irrelevancy coupled with failure to answer my questions.

Marvin Shilmer

PS: I see zed is dead hasn’t taken time to prove his claim of me. But he has taken time to introduce irrelevant sarcasm, if not ad hominem. Telling.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Who alleged that about the fake BXBB page, when?

The only person I saw making such claims was you! In order to distract from the real issues around the real page.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit