What constitutes 'proof' on JWN?

by besty 81 Replies latest jw friends

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

I can explain it to you . . . but I can't understand it for you!

zed

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“I can explain it to you . . . but I can't understand it for you!”

Zed,

No one’s asking that you explain anything to me or that you understand anything for me.

All I’ve asked is that if, as you claim, you can show readers where I’ve refused to answer for something I’ve said, or to clarify something I’ve said when requested that you then show that.

If what you say is true then proving your claim should be as easy as quoting something I’ve said that I then refused to answer for or to clarify upon request.

Marvin Shilmer

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I can explain it to you . . . but I can't understand it for you!

Classic! That sums it up perfectly.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Marvin there was that question besty asked you on the other thread you refused to answer.

You always like to give the impression you know "behind the scenes stuff" that others are not party to. But through prolonged(!) discussion it definitely emerges that in fact you know less about most things than most other people taking part in the discussion.

• Truth seeker 674
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Marvin there was that question besty asked you on the other thread you refused to answer.”

slimboyfat,

I don’t recall an instance where besty or anyone else asked that I answer for something I said that I then refused to answer for.

I don’t recall an instance where besty or anyone else asked that I clarify something I said that I then refused to answer for.

If you know of such an instance please do show readers so I can be true to my word.

“You always like to give the impression you know "behind the scenes stuff" that others are not party to. But through prolonged(!) discussion it definitely emerges that in fact you know less about most things than most other people taking part in the discussion.”

I’m not interested in giving an impression that I know things of which I don’t know.

On Watchtower issues I work with a lot of individuals on projects. This keeps me in the middle of many things and with many individuals.

Then I have my own work and my own archive.

I share what I can when I can as I can.

If your impression is that I speak to things I don’t know then that’s your impression. So what? We’re all entitled to think what we want.

If, on the other hand, I’ve refused to answer for something I’ve said please do show it to readers so I can answer for it. I have no problem doing this.

Marvin Shilmer

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Really? Have you got memory problems Marvin?

On this page:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/257368/14/The-Outing-of-Faders-and-the-Epilogue-of-Sic-Semper-Tyrannis

you responded to besty this way:

In answer to your question…
    “On what date did you offer this advice, and to whom?”
    I see no need and will not fuel this fire by sharing the name of the first person at BBXB I spoke with about the matter you inquire of. It’s enough to say the person was one of the individuals named on the then BBXB web site in top leadership, and that it was not Cedars.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/257368/14/The-Outing-of-Faders-and-the-Epilogue-of-Sic-Semper-Tyrannis

The contrast was noted between how you demand answers from others but will not answer questions yourself. You can't remember that exchange?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

And interestingly you focused on not divulging the name, and completely ignored the question about the date altogether. Which was intriguing, because the date was a revealing part of the question, and also apparently a less easy aspect to come up with an excuse for not giving a straight answer.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Really? Have you got memory problems Marvin?”

slimboyfat,

No. But I think you have comprehension problems.

The instance you cite is not one of me refusing to answer for something I’ve said or refusing to clarify something I said.

The instance you cite is one of me not answering for something I’ve never said, or even kept up with to say.

Now…..

If I’ve refused to answer for something I’ve said or refused to clarify something I’ve said please do show it to me so I can answer for it. I have no problem doing this.

Marvin Shilmer

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“And interestingly you focused on not divulging the name, and completely ignored the question about the date altogether. Which was intriguing, because the date was a revealing part of the question, and also apparently a less easy aspect to come up with an excuse for not giving a straight answer.”

slimboyfat,

It was enough to say the individual was one of the then published decision-makers of the group.

The question asked me was of a conversation I had many weeks ago. Do you know how many phone calls I make a day, not to mention how many I receive per day? Do you know how many different phone lines my calls come in and go out on?

I don’t know if it’s even possible for me to figure out the date I offered the advice in question.

As for the person I gave the advice to, when I speak privately with someone that’s where it stays unless I have permission to share it or ethics demands that it be shared. This instance is neither.

What besty asked about is not mine to share. I shared my experience and left if for folks to make of as they wish, which is how it should be. Whether anyone believes it or not is of little concern to me, if any.

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit