I'm famous...

by diana netherton 23 Replies latest jw friends

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Okay..maybe just locally. But the newspaper did an article and interview with me about my profession. Check out my video clip at:

Lancasteronline.com

Article about Stenographers.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I went to school to be a stenographer. I was able to type 225 words a minute with 4 people talking.

I took a few depostitions sat in court a lot.

But all the time I spent in court made me decide I would rather be a Deputy Sheriff.

Court reporters seem to be a common profession among Jehovahs witnesses.

• Splash
    Splash

Very interesting Diana, thanks!

So what do you write if someone says 'pacifically'?

How many short codes do you have to learn, or are they increasing all the time?

Splash

• TD
    TD

Cool!

• cofty
    cofty

Nice one!

It must be a challenge working out who said what when people get all worked up at town meetings.

Here is a clickable link...

• pixel
    pixel

I liked it!

You should go type in what happens in every JC...LOl.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Seeing as how I work in Lancaster, and the paper is right out in the break room, I guess I'll have to check it out!!

It's so nice to know there is a famous X-JW near me.

- Wing Commander (formerly of the long defunct Columbia Congregation, which was absorbed into Mt Joy 20+ years ago)

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Well done.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Thanks...and thanks for the link, Cofty. Wing, you're near me???? That's awesome!

To answer your question, the steno machine works phonetically, so there are a zillion combinations...with 22 keys and each of them can be pressed individually or simultaneously. You have "brief forms" which encompasses a bunch of words into one stroke, such as, please state your name? I would write that in one stroke using multiple keys...my computer software is programmed to the way I write, so it comes out in readable English. It's really like another language!

Another court reporter on here...you made it through..I wish I could leave but I can't find another profession that pays what I make now.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

You look a little tired in the video.

Everything OK?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit