Ex-JW Scholarship

by enigma1863 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Great, I just liked their page on facebook. Thanks rebel8.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

In theory I think it is such a great idea! But in reality, the only ones that would contribute would be ex-JWs, who overwhelmingly are "not rolling in it" and my $5 contribution will not get us very far.

The other problem is that whatever funds we could come up with could not possibly ever keep up with demand, even if there was a stinking rich philanthropist among us.

There are so many ex-JWs that come out of the organization that are uneducated and yearning for higher education, there would be thousands clamoring for whatever meager funds we raise.

I guess I am just pessimistic when it comes to bringing about any real change on that issue. Now if we could get our hands on the society's coffers ...

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Man . That's a great idea. I'd LOVE to change career, no, scratch that, HAVE a career, but there's no way I could afford uni now.

Even the open university is way too expensive for me right now. Of course, when I was a teem, college and A levels would've been free, but no, menial part time work was pushed....

• Fernando
    Fernando

It is a great idea, I believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit