The Bible as explained to my 5 year old son....

by stuckinamovement 12 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

This is a long story son, are you sure you want to hear it? Ok here goes……..

It all began when a talking snake tricked a naked lady into eating a piece of fruit. Her husband decided that he liked the fruit so he ate some too. This made God so mad that he banished them from their garden and placed two angels with a flaming sword at the garden gate.

The man and the woman now had to work and grow their own food. Since life was now so easy they decided to start a family. They had a couple of kids and continued to farm. Their first son Cain killed their second son Abel because he was mad that God liked Abel’s lamb better than Cain’s vegetables. God is not a vegetarian like your Mom and I. At any rate, Cain made God mad, so mad in fact that he banished the murderer to the wilderness with only his Sister/wife to keep him company. Cain was afraid that someone would kill him in revenge but God told him not to worry that he would protect him.

Soon afterwards some angels decided to turn bad and come to earth to have sex with women. Remind me to explain sex to you in about 5 years from now. The Angels and the women had big giant babies that liked to hurt people. You might call them bully babies. God looked down at all of this and decided to destroy all life on earth because mankind was wicked and he felt regret for making everything.

There was one man in all the land who was good. His name was Noah. God told Noah to build a boat about the size of a football field. So Noah got to work cutting trees, making lumber, and building the boat. After he was done building the boat, God told Noah to round up two of every animal on earth and 7 of some others, and pack them into the boat. So Noah rounded up the lemurs, kangaroos, polar bears, penguins, lions and squirrels and loaded them into the boat. Noah and his family then climbed aboard and God shut the door. Can you imagine living in a box full of animals for a year? Noah’s sons probably had to clean up all of the animal poop every day to keep the boat clean.

It rained from the sky down and from the ground up until all life on earth was destroyed. The water was so high that it reached 30,000 feet up, as high as jetliners fly now. Noah and his family and all of the animals lived in the Boat for about a year until finally things dried out enough to come out. Where did the water go? Good question, maybe God used a giant shop vac and put it into space? When they stepped out of the Boat, Gold told Noah that he would ever destroy everything again because God realized that man had wicked built into him, so what’s the point? God gave himself a reminder in the form of a rainbow. Whenever God sees a rainbow, he remembers that he promised Noah not to destroy the earth again.

Shortly after the flood Noah’s grandson Nimrod decided to be a king and built a city. He gathered everyone around and said let’s build a tower that reaches the sky. Why so high? Probably to keep it above the high water mark. So the people started building the tower. God looks down and sees the tower and says “there is no stopping these people” , let’s go down there and confuse their languages so they stop building the tower. As soon as God changed every ones languages they decided to stop building the tower and the people left for parts unknown.

• Diest
    Diest

I love it. Great cliff notes.

• pixel
    pixel

...And then? Good story. Can you continue?

• rmt1
  • sir82
    sir82

You forgot the part about Noah getting drunk and taking off all his clothes. That is an integral part.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

I plan on adding to it as I can

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I can't wait to hear you describe how God told Abraham to kill his son Isaac, but then changed his mind at the last second.

What a happy, heart-warming story.

• Mum
    Mum

This is a very confusing story! Where did that sword come from? I don't know when the sword was invented, but I think it was 'way after the Garden of Eden.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Please publish it. There is a law student easy text called "X in a Nutshell." You presented chapters of the Bible succintly and humorously. No easy task. Further, people who don't come from a European background and study any Western culture in school or professionally have to learn these basic stories.

Also, this is the way an outsider would view Christianity and Judaism. You aren't being vicious. It is a good mirror to our notions of what is sacred and holy.

There is probably big bucks in marketing it properly. I had to learn Greek myths to read Renaissance literature. All the famous people in Europe used to know Latin and Greek classics and not much else. In order to understand them, you have to read at least a translation of the famous works. Art alone exposed me to so many myths not commonly known today but known only a century ago.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Thanks botr. I will finish it and then see if there is interest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit