Losing my religion

by vikesgirl101 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

Howdy! I have been out of the JW's for about five years now. It has been about four years since I've posted. I have been a Christian even though I left the religion...Or so I've thought. We had found a great Country church we'd attend off and on for the last four years. But then the Pastor left and the congregation turned on eachother. It was eye opening. I've tried other churches, and I just don't feel a "fit" in any of them. I sometimes wonder if the JW's have soured me on religion. I see so mych hypocrisy in organized Religion. I am frustrated with the masses of people that feel that their church is the only life source. Or worse yet, they think only Christians are good people. They think their people can sin because they're holier than everyone else.

So has anybody else had this problem? I mean it seriously makes me HATE organized religion!

• *lost*
    *lost*

Agreed. I think it is because we can see the real 'truth'. Like the emperor's new clothes.

What you keep seeing repeated, in the true nature of 'man' in different variations.

I only realised this myself about people these past few years myself.

• Mum
    Mum

Before I was a JW, I had very religious Bible-believing grandparents. In a way, I think they made me a sitting duck for the witness propaganda. It is almost impossible for a group of human beings not to have contentions and strife among themselves. The key is to become the best person you can be and don't worry about the others. Be there for them if you can help them in any way, then go live your life.

It is the duty of every person to accept others as they are, and to be there to help them if they wish to change anything or need a helping hand.

If one church (or anything else) is not to your liking, try another. Then keep trying until you find what you're looking for. I certainly would avoid any church that has a self-righteous, exclusionary philosophy.

There is always the option of not attending any church and developing your own spiritual life.

• stillin
    stillin

Is that you in the corner? Don't worry about saying too much. My best advice is that you choose friends carefully, but DO have friends. And let them have you.

• clarity
    clarity

Hi Vikes ... nice to see you on here again

You may have answered your own question.......

" I see so mych hypocrisy in organized Religion. I am frustrated with the masses of people that feel that their church is the only life source. Or worse yet, they think only Christians are good people."

>

May I suggest you dig a little deeper & this delema will be solved.

Who has the truth ....who is right? Nobody!

Check out the BOOK that Religion is basing their faith on.

All the best ....keep posting & asking lots of questions.

clarity

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

All religions are inherently evil and they all suck. They may look good on the surface, but it doesn't take much for the garbage beneath the surface to be exposed.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

Don't forget that Jesus entire mission was to preach against the organized religion of the time. So (1) you are in good company and (2) try buddhism.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

You are not the first, nor will you be the last.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if-UzXIQ5vw

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Vikesgirl, thank you for relating your experience, I've wondered what I might get into by trying different churches. I've had it suggested just for the opportunity to meet other people and families.

On a lighter note, perhaps what you experienced is due to your not living in the territory boundaries of the congregation.LOL.

• smiddy
    smiddy

The wealth of information on this board has cured me off relgion once and for all.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit