You can never take our freedom!

by slimboyfat 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

William Wallace may be coming to the small screen next year. This time more accurately than in Braveheart. Just in time to inspire the nation before we take up freedom once more in 2014! Fingers crossed!

http://www.tgdaily.com/entertainment/62082-braveheart-adaptation-coming-to-television

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Pish, the Mel Gibson epic was the authoritative source on the story of William Wallace. All other nonsense is a conspiracy of the Jews.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Aw come here 'til I give you a Glasgow kiss.

<<<< Pish, the Mel Gibson epic was the authoritative source on the story of William Wallace. All other nonsense is a conspiracy of the Jews.>>>

Do you have any evidence to support your allegation that there is a "conspiracy of the Jews" to alter the historical account of the story of William Wallace?

Your comment appears to be anti-semitic, and it also appears to violate posting guideline no. 2, "Please avoid inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic."

• cofty
    cofty

Magnus Magnusson wrote an authoritative account of Wallace in his masterful book "Scotland - The Story of a Nation".

• besty
    besty
    Just in time to inspire the nation before we take up freedom once more in 2014! Fingers crossed!

not going to happen.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics-and-election/scottish-independence/referendum-outcome

• cantleave
    cantleave

I think most Scots are intelligent enough to realise that the remaining in the Union provides the best economic option.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Malvinas is a lady Slimboy, a Glasgow kiss (headbutt) is too violent for her, give her a cuddle instead.

"You can never take our freedom" could be a good slogan for us XJW's.

• cofty
    cofty
    I think most Scots are intelligent enough to realise that the remaining in the Union provides the best economic option.

I hope so. SNP are appealing to hearts rather than heads.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Malvinas lived in Glasgow for a while Phizzy, and she knows I am only joking.

Besty those look like some pretty good odds. The SNP came from behind in the polls to win an overall majority in 2011. Those who are best informed about the options tend to support independence. The job now is to help people make an informed choice for independence, rather than plump for the status quo out of ignorance.

Independence is the only way to make sure the remaining oil wealth is used responsibly.

It's the only way to rid the Clyde of nuclear weapons.

It's the only way to avoid getting dragged into post-imperial wars around the globe.

It's the only way to make sure that Scotland gets the government it votes for, rather than getting the Tories no matter what.

It's the best way to ensure Scottish priorities of education, health and social equity are maintained.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit