Will the WBTS order JW's to Kill??

by Anne Marie 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• simwitness
    simwitness

Murder may be in the 10 Commandments, but is not totally un-scriptural. (There are many examples where folks murdered in God's name and were not punished).

*** Nov 15, 1952 Watchtower ***
    Questions from Readers

· In the case of where a father or mother or son or daughter is disfellowshiped, how should such person be treated by members of the family in their family relationship?-P. C., Ontario, Canada.

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."-Deut. 13:6-11, AS.

Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God's law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof.

(there's more to this quote, you can get it at the quotes site)

So, new light could be introduced that would say "killing is ok".

However, like many have previously stated, I personally do not think it will happen.

• alamb
    alamb

How about offering up their own children to pedophiles and the "God of abstinance" from blood transfusions? What happened to God wanting mercy over a sacrifice?

They proudly display these children's faces on covers of magazines who have died. They also refuse to deal with the pedophile issue as we are finding out. That is outright child endangerment and murder. If a parent did either of these for any other reason that religion, they would be investigated by child protective officials and likely have their rights revoked.

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

Nathan Natas --- Yes.

LoneWolf

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

you people forget that JW's are already ordered to kill..themselves and their children over the god of blood.

• SoulJah
    SoulJah

Funny thing is I've been pondering this scenerio for about a week now; not that I think it's going to happen, but what if, and would the R&F follow through. Seems like someone like my father would take great joy in this work.
    These people are just to easily controlled.
    Oh yeah, in the scenerio that runs through my mind it would be new light pertaining to armageddon and how jehovah used his ancient people to physically remove wicked people or something like that.
    Again I don't actually see it happening; but then again you never know with people who would let their children die because of the oginizational blood policy

One day we'll all be together,until then I'm ready for whatever
    ---Tupac Shakur

• AlanF
    AlanF

Sirona, murder is defined as the illegal killing of a person. If God orders killing, it is by definition not murder. It is "execution by God's order". That's what the Israelites did a great deal of.

The Fundamental Doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses is that JW leaders speak for God and are to be believed and obeyed as if God himself were speaking. So if JW leaders ordered killing, the "true believer" JW would be unable to know if God really were behind the order, or if it were merely another mistake. But by the very teaching he has bought into, he is not allowed to decide.

I have absolutely no doubt that if the Society ordered mass killing of "apostates", a good number of JWs would do it. Of course, probably the majority are not such "true believer" types and would jump ship if so ordered.

An interesting speculation is what JWs would do if the Society went off the deep end in another way. Revelation contains language about "new scrolls" being opened during the Millennium. Suppose the Society decided to jump the gun and, for whatever reason, started claiming that JW leaders had by divine direction received such "new scrolls". They say that God has decided to take a long vacation from running the universe, and has left Jesus in complete charge. From now on, Jesus will receive the worship and prayers that have been going to Jehovah. How many JWs do you think would balk at this? Plenty, of course. But there would still be a core of believers who would do exactly as the Society said, because if they didn't, they'd be booted out of the JW organization. Further, they'd be violating the Fundamental Doctrine that they'd bought into, and, in their own minds, disobeying God.

The principle here is: If you can convince people that you speak for God, you can convince them to believe and do anything.

AlanF

• Englishman
    Englishman

People who die before the big "A" get a resurrection, don't they?

So lets show love to apostates by bumping them off so's they get a resurrection!

It's only another step onwards from shunning and blood. And don't forget too, that shunning is a loving provision to bring apostates to repentence, so isn't murder also a loving provision to ensure a resurrection?

Englishman.

• sf
    sf

"It is for our good that these requirements are made; for thereby we are enabled to prove our integrity and magnify Jehovah's name."

sKally, put NOTHING past the Watchtower Mafia, klass:

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

“What a blessing such integrity keepers are to the congregation!”(5/15/02 WT magazine, pg. 27)

• sf
    sf

I just finished sending THIS THREAD (Talley, pay attention here now) to FOXNEWS, CNN, ABC, NBC, and CBS forums.

I agree that when a cult starts to disintegrate, a frenzy of a reaction takes place; as is well documented in US History.

On a more humorous note...

The Naked Apostate is ready for The Call to Action!

sKally, who IS prepared for The Worst that could happen to her mother klass

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

“What a blessing such integrity keepers are to the congregation!”(5/15/02 WT magazine, pg. 27)

• sf
    sf

Lest we forget:

<

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit