A modest "Hello, everybody!"

by TheOldHippie 20 Replies latest jw friends

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Witnesses.net's and (a couple of years ago) Hourglass2's The Old Hippie modestly says "Hello" and enters if not the building then at least the area.
    Live in Europe, am - (I am sorry to say) - a countryman of the Unholy Trinity consisting of Kent, Jan H. and Norm, and thus well updated with the practises of the Observer-thing. Do not support the majority of what they think or do. But I do not support the killing of whales or wolves which other of my countrymen do, either.
    Have been a Witness for 26 years, ever since that memorable year of '75. Have been an elder for 23 years, and still am. Have been a regular pioneer and was appointed a special pioneer, but then children started coming.
    Have a son who is a drug addict since 7 years ago. Have a daughter who was dispellowshipped last year. Have two small girls, who are the shining stars of ours. Have a horse, a dog, a guineapig, a rabbit and a gold fish.
    Have no problems with the theology of ours, and no problems with World War II.
    But have problems/questions as to other topics, where I wonder about our interpretation, topics as Noah's Flood, things in the Creation/Evolution/dating (chronology)-area, 607/587, mornings and evenings and days and nights and cups of anger being poured out, Pyramids and Symbols and certain things as to the Judge.
    The Old Hippie - because that's what I was for 6-7 years, smoking all kinds of weeds, eating all kinds of pills and shooting all kinds of powder. And was a tough Communist, Maoist, smashed windows of the US embassy at some occations; therefore had a hard time accepting that the Witnesses originated in the US.
    OK, anyway, I am here - perhaps to stay. So, "Hello, everybody!"

• mommy
    mommy

Welcome Hippie:)
    Glad to have you drop in! There are all different stages of jws here. I for one was raised in the organization, but left over 8 years ago, some of my family is still in though. And we welcome you and look forward to your future posts:)
    BTW your intro reminded me of the Dr Hook song "On the cover of the rolling stones" Have you heard?
    wendy

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

welcome Hippie-

hope you find this board as refreshing as i did. enjoy:)

harmony

• Latte
    Latte

Hello there Hippie,

I was a lurker at Witnet, always enjoyed your posts there.

How was the Xmas holiday in the Canaries?

Great bunch of people here, even better now!!

Welcome!

Latte

• Seven
    Seven

Hello TheOldHippie. Welcome. You'll find there are other old hippies here too. Lots of peace and love but no dope.All wise people. I've
    spent much of the previous year as a fence sitter. Several months ago I finally fell off to the side where the people fall who don't attend meetings anymore.

We share an interest in topics. Being an oldhippie you're probably been there read that, but here are a few sites I like to visit:
    * http://www.talkorigins.org and http://www.icr.org

I'm happy to meet you and look forward to your posts.

Seven

• TR
    TR

Hi, TheOldHippie!

I Remember your posts at Witnet. Check out the sex forum. That's where people's bio's are. Don't ask, it was Waiting's idea.

TR

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Good Day to you Old Hippie,

We have much in common, I'm getting 'old' and little hippy!

Welcome and hope to see you around!

• claudia
    claudia

Old hippie, you were one of my favorite posters on wit.net. I was registered with the name RoseS over there. Do you remember a pm from me?

• larc
    larc

Welcome Old Hippie,

Or should I call you old for short. I'm 60 going on 10, was raised as a Witness, and my wife and I faded away after we go married, brothers Russell and Rutherford stumbled me. I'm a tad inactive - havne't been to a meeting in 35 years. Now you're the kind of JW I think it will be fun to talk to, still avtive, but recognize some major problems... people like that are hard to find. Welcome to our version of spiritual paradise. For fun, see the thread about starting a new religion and the one on hersy of the month, little humor there.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Welcome, TheOldHippie. I always enjoyed your posts over on Witnet. I was registered there as CoolWater. You never did answer my PM about your horse training methods. I'm still interested.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit