Ever shun a JW?

by larc 10 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

After many years of limited contact, my JW sister and I are now getting along very well. After many years of limited contact, I don't ever want to see or talk to one of my JW cousins.

Here are some things she has done.

1. My mother was disfellowshipped because she could not quit smoking. At a family gathering at a nonJWs house, my cousin said my mother should not be invited because she was disfellowshipped. The nonJW hostess, basically told her to stuff it.

2. At a funeral, this cousin said loud enough for all to hear, that the dearly departed who had never been a JW had a chance for a resurrection, but his wife who used to be a JW and left would die with no hope.

3. My JW sister invited me and my wife to her daughter's wedding. At the reception, the cousin in question, tryed to get my wife and I to sit at a different table, claiming there was not room for us. Of course, there was.

As a result, of this judgemental attitude, I don't care if I ever see this cousin again.

Recently, I was talking to my sister about family history and geneology. She mentioned this cousin and suggested I call her. I said, no, you call her and see what you can find out.

I have disfellowshipped this cousin.

• Imbue
    Imbue

I shun the bethelites in my cong.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

I always looked them (df'd) in the eye, smiled and said hello.

When I was a teenager, there was a car load of jw women preaching who came upon a woman df'd who had be assaulted with a tire iron, head bleeding, stumbling about. The PO's wife was in the car and said they should help her no matter what and they did.
    A few weeks later at the KH a "needs" talk was given about treating df'd as people of the nations and we certainly wouldn't turn our backs on someone needing help. That's the attitude I always kept. I didn't pay attention when "new light" said anything different.

Now I'm embarrassed I ever participated in shunning df'd ones at the kh. How unchristlike!

j2bf

ps, lol @ imbue!

• larc
    larc

joy,

If my cousin was in danger and I could save her life, of course I would. In the mean time I do not want to see her or talk to her. She is history.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Larc,

Sounds like a healthy attitude to me.

The cousin is just plain mean.

j2bf

ps, why do jws have this persecution complex and then like to persecute others? No other "sane" people would put up with the stupid shunning like the df'd jws do.

edit for ps, had an afterthought!

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Larc: I have not found any I would shun - yet. So far, I have had too much fun talking to them, and watching as they try to decide to talk with me or not.

• Kep
    Kep

Gidday Larc,
    I do shun them, but it seems that it is pointless because they don't recognise me.
    I've been out for 7 years and in that time I lost a lot of weight, grew my hair and a goatie, had laser surgery on my eyes so I no longer wear glasses.
    In fact, I looked younger now than I did while a Joho.
    Just yesterday I was leaving a store and this elder opened the door for me, hahaha, if only he'd known it was me.
    We go back a while too, both went to the same pioneer school, worked together a lot, he helped me become an elder etc...
    What gets me is that there are a number of Joho's who despite the LAW they have, they will go out of their way to speak to me.
    SUCKERS!! as if I will ever go back.
    Kep

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

My mother told me that If I didn't 'get out' of the Witnesses, she was never going to talk to me again!

So, what could I do? I had to leave them!

Outaservice (And Out Of The Organization)

P.S. Mom said to tell you all Hi!

• elbobbo
    elbobbo

I'm not exactly friendly to alot of the asses from my old congregation.

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

I always reafirm my stand when they approach ME I am dissass. turned apostate sooo best be not taking to the likes of me or you will get in deep doodoo with your WT ORGANIZATION and most will scoot the other direction...ONE time I did wish an old brotha MERRY X-MAS in my X-MAS sweatshirt...I felt so gosh darn good about doing it...Saw my shrink today and he said keep up with my meds. and it is up to me when I see him next 2 months or even as long as 4 months..Progress not Perfection !!! HE says he knows of a lot of XJWs (GAVE NO NAMES of course) KOOL...AND he thought the necklace I was wearing from RANDY WATTERS was kool real kool!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit