Suggestions Please

by ConnieLynn 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

{{{{{{{ConnieLynn}}}}}}},
    I'm so sorry about your mother. I know how hard it is to recieve news like that. I guess you could say that I've had my share of j.w. family crisis! I've lost my parents and I understand, all too well how conflict can happen. I lost my *worldly* dad to depression/suicide in 1996 and my j.w. mom to breast cancer in 1999. I have many siblins and believe me, I could write a book family crisis *What not to do!* Now that the dust has settled, I can look back and reflect on the past and think of a lot of things that I wish I had done differently. For one, keeping my mouth shut!!! I realized in the end, it just wasn't worth it anymore. And I didn't always have to be right. I wasn't going to fix anything. I knew the whole time that my mother was sick that she would, without a doubt, and DID refuse blood. It was made VERY clear from the beginning. I've realized that there are some things that are just out of our control. I realized that I wasn't going to start changing her mind at this point in her life. Our family was a bundle of raw nerves. Anything would set us off. Towards the end of my mothers life, I finally realized that the important thing was to love her, not make a issue out of what someone said, what someone thinks, what someone believes. I finally learned to bit my tounge, for the sake of peace, spend my last days with her, giving her pedicures, manicures, pampering her. She had no contact with me for 14 years *dfed* and when I found out she was sick, I went back to the borg so I could have some time with her. Long story short, I guess in the end, I wanted to make some nice memories for me and my moher. You may not have much time with your mama,ConnieLynn, I hope you can make some nice memories with her.
    It will be worth it. =:o)

*****big bear hug*****

Tink =;o)

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn

All your replies meant more to me than you know. I'm going to Florida to be with my mom. Thank you, I just needed to hear from someone people who understood this whole thing. I have a support network of people in my life now that are totally unfamiliar with JW's. This whole dynamic of being shunned by family is foreign to them. I appreciate all your help...

• sf
    sf

Connie Lynn...

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit