I received Charity

by Yerusalyim 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I relate the following not to toot my own horn, but that of someone who really came through for me.

My wife and I have taken in three of my nieces five kids. The kids we are now caring for are ages 7 9 and 10. The niece was indigant and I believe she is on drugs. I KNOW she was prostituting herself. (I know because she told me not because I bought, ya sicko). We've filed for legal guardianship of the kids.

At any rate, this adds three kids to a house where I already have three living. We had to buy clothes (most of what they had was not usable) furniture and beds had to be purchased also. Not to mention food bills going up etc.

I've done nothing spectacular in taking in these kids, it was that or they would end up in foster care.

Here comes the I recieved charity part. An acquantance at my church saw me with the three kids this Sunday and began to ask about them. I just told her they were coming to stay with us for a while. She later talked to my son during the bible study class (yep they do that in some Catholic Churches). Later that day she stopped by the house and handed me a card. Inside the card was a check for $300.00 to help with the kids (it paid for a set of bunk beds).

I barely know this woman, Miss Camille, she is a true blessing and represents to me what we are about as Christians.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Princess
    Princess

Great story Yeru! What a wonderful thing you are doing for those kids.

Princess

• Mulan
    Mulan

Wow........you are so awesome. I know you didn't write this for praise, but you deserve it. There are such nice people out there, and we were missing knowing them, all those years.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Nikita
    Nikita

Way to cool!!!!

Nikita

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

Hats off to you and Miss Camille!!!!

Shimmer

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Miss Camille responded exactly like a good christian should. She is to be commended.

Three more kids! Your're a better person than I am!

• Valis
    Valis

good luck Yeru, its a great thing, but a rocky road to travel. Don't forget to make sure you and the mrs have your own time out at least once a week, lest you go totally nuts....now if only some good christian will be charitable and donate a head of hair to your cause..heheheh

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Nikita
    Nikita

Way to cool!!!!

Nikita

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I have a selfish motive...CHILD TAX CREDIT and ADDITIONAL CHILD TAX CREDIT!

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((Yeru))) You are such a cool guy to take the children in! I have the blessing of having a lot of people like Miss Camille in my life. Several years ago I had a really rough patch in my life. Within a 10 day period I had lung surgery, broke up with my boyfriend, and got laid off from my job. I had countless people help me! I was so down and out I was suicidal. Some friends took care of me during my surgery recovery. I had financial assistance from anonymous people and literally countless encouraging cards, phone calls, and emails. So now it's time for me to give back. I do everything I can to help others. My friends don't realize they helped return my life to me.

Love ya!
    Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit