Rutherford's Satanic Lie

by Icarus 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Icarus
    Icarus

Satan: "You certainly will not die!"

Rutherford: "Millions now living will never die!"

When Satan told his lie, Adam and Eve both died despite his assurances. Rutherford assured millions of Jehovah's Witnesses that if they believed his teachings they would not die, yet they all died. Where the first lie was a myth to explain good and evil, the second lie was used to deceive millions into following a false religion.

What are we to make of this?

For my part, when I think of how blatantly we were taught this lie, heard it promoted in talks and literature, I realize that this is, without question, is a false religion on a Satanic scale.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Another interesting perspective making an analogy that is quite similar.

• Finkelstein
  • Ding
    Ding
    I never cease to be amazed that the WT is still proud of the "Millions" campaign in view of the fact that it was one of the organization's most embarrassing prophetic failures.
  • Icarus
    Icarus

Whoa! Thanks, Finkelstein!

Those are so appropriate to the thought. Interestingly, I had posted this on other JW sites. But, I read one of your comments here from a couple of month's ago, where you said and I quote you:

The WTS has been inspired to sell and proliferate its published literature for a long time now by exploiting the belief in the bible and the people who they were inspired to lie to.

In reality how can an organization that self proclaims itself the solemnly chosen organization from God here on earth and not be inspired ?

All the false and misleading teachings this organization has produced were offered to mankind as they also self described themselves as the FDSL, but actually were they as in (1918) when they were still teaching Pyramidology.

Maybe the Watchtower Corporation was a fraud all along, a commercially inspired fraud ???

I was immediately reminded of this. The man was a huckster!

• Watchtower-Free
  • hybridous
    hybridous
    Notice the sign said 'INVESTIGATE'...

Do, indeed...

Too bad it's no longer their admonition...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It should be clearly easy to understand that the men behind the WTS such as C T Russell and J Rutherford had more initiative and drive to promote the sale and distribution of literature , than deep earnest desire to understand and comprehend the writings in the bible.

Half amateur bible scholars and half businessmen.

Of course they labeled their endeavors as preaching the Gospel but it was inherently their version of the Gospel.

The doctrines they embraced were ones that were deemed to be marketable toward the public, capable of drawing attention to themselves and the literature they published.

One could say a good example of the freedom of religious expression in America.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Fantastic comparison Icarus!

Very good thread indeed......

• Onager
    Onager
    Excellent point Icarus! I am squirrelling this away in my brain for future use.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit