Prayers, are they heard?

by bigfloppydog 11 Replies latest jw friends

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

I need some opinions on this question please. If one has left org. or been df does God hear our prayers? I would like to think this is so, but have some doubts. I understand he doesn't but I'm not sure.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I firmly believe that God hears and listens to all prayers, regardless of religious affiliation. The dubs preach that he heard your prayers to have them come to your door, right? So, just because three narrow minded old men decide you are not worthy, why would he care more what they think that what you do?

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• flower
    flower

there is no God but i'll play along like there is since you believe it so. why would God not hear your prayers if you leave the org? Do you believe that the org is Gods organization on earth or that he is in some way affiliated with it? If you do you should examine why you think so. Cause they said so is not a valid answer.

all evidence points otherwise.

flower
    btw, God is a figment of humans imagination.

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Being a JW does not determine if god listens to your prayers or not, that is a myth the jw made up to use scare tactics to keep people in their cult...

• Dawn
    Dawn

Hi Bigfloppydog:

I sure feel for you - I can remember having those sam thoughts and doubts!!

Take the time to research the topic of prayer using only your bible. You will most likely come to the same conclusion as I - Jesus, and Jesus alone is a mediator for our prayers to God - not any eartly organization. For that reason, no earthly person or organization can determine if your prayers are heard - they don't have the authority.

Here's a couple of scriptures I have found helpful:

Phi 4:6 Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Mat 7:8 For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Nowhere in these scriptures does it add "unless you're disfellowshipped"

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Jesus is the mediator? Of course, like Flower I say there is no god. Dont know if she thinks there is a Jesus. I dont. Jesus is completely unhistoric without a shed of proof except christian dogma and writings and those in later centuries who believed such things.

The Mormons have this concept. Pray to god. Ask him if the book of Mormon is really from him. Ask him if they are really his church. He will tell you unmistakably, you will know in your heart. I experimented and prayed. God did not answer. I did pray fervently but without faith. The purpose of the prayer was after all to find out if God exists, and whether the mormons were the right way.

Then I decided to try another experiment. Instead I would pray to someone I know exists. So I prayed to the Goddess Bridh. I asked her to tell me the truth. Were the mormons right, because their god was not answering me. She did answer, in my dream. She said the mormon god was true but he was a rather weak god. Certainly, says she, he does not compare to your ancestors. He is right for them. You are right for you, and you already know you are a god. You did not have to pray to me to find that out. To which i replied that it was a shame to waste such a good dream, and that two beautiful deities certainly ought to take advantage of the situation. So we shagged. I have to say she was pretty good.

If you believe the thing already, prayer will only confirm it. If you need god, then pray to him. If a god exists of the sort that the bible says, he will probably hear you. More importantly, if you believe that he exists he will hear you and answer you.

And remember, just because I dont believe in god, does not mean he doesnt exist. My lack of faith cannot affect his reality.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Someone did a small study of hospital patients. One group of patients were prayed for, one not. The patients didnt know.

The patients who were prayed for appeared to improve more than those who were not. This research is not confirmed but is currently being replicated.

I think that its more about positive energy than a God saying "it is granted"

Sirona

** http://www.religioustolerance.org **

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

Thank you all for your opinions, whether I believe in God, I truly want to, because I always thought of him as my refuge, when I was troubled, I used to pray. When I left, I tried, but I guess lack of my faith, it just wasn't the same. I continued to believe that because I left I was a bad person, and he wouldn't listen to my prayers. Some time later, a comment was made to me by a family member, that Satan was now living over my house, because I had left. I do believe the bible, I do believe in Jesus, but I believe now that the org. is man's org. and not sure if now if it is influenced by God.Yes DakotaRed you have a good point here. I think Satan can manuever many people, whether in or out of org. I guess what I really would like is some kind of spritual comfort within myself, for how I feel about me as a person. I don't think, no, I am sure I will never be part of any religion again, because when I was in the org. I truly believed in it, and it has turned out to be such a false hope for me.Being a very naive, and gullable person, I tend to whole-heartedly take in a believe what I'm told by ones, ones such as in the org. Hope I am making some sense here, not sure though. But thanx again everyone. Have a great day.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

BFD

"If one has left org. or been df does God hear our prayers?"

I left many years ago. During the time I was completely cut off from any association from the cong. I firmly believe many of my prayers were answered. Still believe it.

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/home.html

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

flower, you deserve the 'Getting Up To Speed' Award. I've not seen anyone progress to "There's no god, but for the sake of arguement" stage with such rapidity.

Get yourself into college woman! You will spend the first semester surprised at how passive and unopinionated most of the 'proper' students (i.e., the ones who go after school), and being equally surprised at how easy Higher Education is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit