JW women and breast implants or other cosmetic surgery

by Comatose 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Comatose
    Comatose

*FIRST* - A clarification that needs to be made. This is not about ALL women. There is nothing wrong at all with cosmetic surgery. I am going to try to point out some logical thinking flaws in JW sisters and brothers. I am not against cosmetic surgery.

In the hall we belonged to for several years, there were at least eight sisters with breast implants. There were about the same number who had other types of cosmetic surgery. In the hall prior to that, there were several breast implant sisters and several facelift sisters. Of the ones who had the cosmetic surgery I mentioned, about half were elders wives. Elder wife... Not a big deal to me. I don't mention it because it makes me shudder that an elderette had fake breasts, I mention it because its a family decision and they should be spiritually mature. Their husbands should be looking at the big picture regarding "how close we are to the end".

One of the primary sisters who stopped by all the time and gave us a very hard time about our Turbo Fade was an older sister who also showed off her second facelift and lip work when she popped in. She said, "Oh the new light in the watchtower is so exciting, it's all we talk about in service. Have you seen it? We are SOOOOOO close to the end!". Really? So close that you had to go spend thousands on a superficial and frivolous facelift? Mmmmkay.

And the boob jobs. The end is just around the corner. We are on the threshold of the threshold of Armageddon. We have one foot through the door to the new system. We are in the final seconds of this old system. The end could come any day now. So hurry out and get breast implants everyone. How on earth could you serve these final months without the larger breasts you've always wanted. Thousands of dollars on something that would be truly pointless in paradise? Sure! That makes sense.

If paradise were real, then either a new order doctor would have to perform surgery in 50 or 75 years to remove these leaking implants or Jehovah would have to perform a miracle and put you back the way your genes said you should be. It's so stupid, vain, and pointless for a truly spiritual sister to do! I mean JWs are discouraged from getting new houses or fancy cars because they are not a priority with the end so near. But, fake breasts? The sisters can't wait.

Okay, reminder about this post. I don't find anything wrong with cosmetic surgery. It's any persons private choice. But, I don't get it with regards to JW women.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

"your so vain...you probably think this song is about you....don't you....don' you"....

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I get what your saying.....they aren't exactly putting their "money where their mouth is" in terms of the nearness of Armegeddon are they? But you can't blame them for wanting to improve their day to day life, especially when on some level they know based on past failures, the New System probably won't come in their lifetime, no matter what they might say outloud.

The thing is, there is risk of ones life involved in these procedures. We know a JW woman who had breast augmentation and ran into a snag over the blood issue. She didn't stop bleeding for several days after the surgery and her doctor was pressing her to take a transfusion. Fortunately the bleeding stopped but can you imagine losing your life over something like this or having to enlist the help of the Blood Liaison Committee about a surgery that maybe you didn't particularly want anyone to know about ?

I think they figure that in the New System, Jehovah will remove their implants the same way he'll remove the hip implants, heart valves and dental work that others have had done. I always wondered what people with Dentures will do while their teeth are growing back ? After surviving an event like Armegeddon and the Tribulation, I suppose they figure this would be the least of their worries.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I never heard ,personally, of a "sister" having cosmetic surgery - at least, not just to look good...but then, they would't tell me, would they?

It certainly seems incompatible with the apocolyptic , end-of-days belief that they say they have...

• Comatose
    Comatose

Blues it happens ALL THE TIME! You would be shocked.

• blondie
    blondie

10 Similarly, it is appropriate to be

concerned about our appearance. But

we need not try too hard to erase all

signs of aging. Those signs can be evidence

of maturity, dignity, and inner

beauty. For example, the Bible says:

“Gray-headedness is a crown of beauty

when it is found in the way of righteousness.”

(Prov. 16:31) That is how Jehovah

views us, and we should try to view ourselves

as he does. (Read 1 Peter 3:3, 4.)

Is it wise, therefore, to risk unnecessary

and potentially dangerous surgical procedures

or medical treatments merely

to make oneself more physically attractive?

“The joy of Jehovah” is a source

of true beauty that radiates from the inside,

regardless of age or health. (Neh.

8:10) Only in the new world will we be

completely healthy and regain youthful

beauty. (Job 33:25; Isa. 33:24) Until then,

showing practical wisdom and faith will

help us to stay close to Jehovah while

we make the best of our present circumstances.—

1 Tim. 4:8.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/249338/1/Blondies-Comments-You-Will-Not-Hear-at-the-03-17-2013-WT-Study-DRAWING-CLOSE

• Gayle
    Gayle

That's so true, it is so 'contradictory' in undergoing these actually unnecessary things when they boast about the end so "soon" and then they are suppose to have 'perfect' bodies. And then, they fight against blood transfusions for themselves when they need it.

• designs
    designs

When I was an Elder cosmetic surgery came up a few times. Some was reconstructive, some was for enhancement (breasts) or reduction (tummy tucks and thighs). When called in for these meetings with husband and wife it was the case of cost, and husband and wife being of different minds on a procedure.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Women with big boobs will have a special place in Paradise...yet no man will look them in the eye.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Totally agree! Sometimes though when they have the reconstructive surgery after mastectomies they choose to go bigger, that goes on a lot!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit