Memorial policy. Is that true all over?

by Mulan 26 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

I just called the Service Department in Patterson, New York and asked if it is the Society's policy to segregate DF'd persons at the Memorial. The man I spoke to said that this was never the Society's policy, and that if it is done, it is a decision made by the local elders only. I had the impression that the Society takes a hands-off policy about this. He did mention that if a DF'd person is sitting in the middle of a row, they don't make an issue of passing him or her the emblems.

I think that the Society's policy of not counting DF'd partakers is logically inconsistent with its other doctrines. I remember that many years ago the question came up about whether an anointed person who was DF'd and then reinstated would still be anointed. The Society's answer was that the anointed remain anointed. This indicates that -- according to the Society's logic -- a DF'd anointed person is still anointed. Otherwise they'd have to say that when a body of elders DF's someone, God removes the anointing, and when the elders reinstate someone, God re-anoints the person. This implies either that God is squarely behind every DF'ing decision -- which we know to be false -- or that God de-anoints and re-anoints based on the sometimes faulty decisions of bodies of elders -- which is ridiculous.

I once knew a young anointed man who was DF'd for sexual immorality for awhile. After he was reinstated, elders fully accepted his claim of anointing, perhaps because he was closely associated with Brooklyn Bethel. So I know that the above teaching is correct.

AlanF

• Room 215
    Room 215

If true, the ``don't pass the emblems to the Df'd'' policy would reflect their desperation to force that stagnant-to-slightly-increasing number of partakers head south as their end-times dogma requires.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

lol@Dawn

Boy could they use a worship team or what?!!
    Haha!

AlanF - interesting experience. Makes me sad that this is how things are handled, but interesting.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

By the WTS own doctrine all members of the early 1st century congregations were of the anointed and had a heavenly hope. Pauls
    letter to the Corinthians discusses a situation that the WT
    interprets as the model for disfellowshipping. Did this man cease
    to have a heavenly hope? What is the scriptural basis for arguing
    that God would temporarily displace these anointed ones while
    they are shunned? None exists that I am aware of. Then again, WTS
    policies are seldom grounded in solely in the Bible. Even the pope
    would get red faced at the thought of assuming the kind of power and control some members of the WTS presume over others.

Lee

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

AlanF said

"I think that the Society's policy of not counting DF'd partakers is logically inconsistent with its other doctrines. I remember that many years ago the question came up about whether an anointed person who was DF'd and then reinstated would still be anointed. The Society's answer was that the anointed remain anointed. This indicates that -- according to the Society's logic -- a DF'd anointed person is still anointed. Otherwise they'd have to say that when a body of elders DF's someone, God removes the anointing, and when the elders reinstate someone, God re-anoints the person. This implies either that God is squarely behind every DF'ing decision -- which we know to be false -- or that God de-anoints and re-anoints based on the sometimes faulty decisions of bodies of elders -- which is ridiculous."

Well hot damn and slap me silly!
    I completely agree with all of this statement. I have always felt this to be pretty much the way it is with a lot of rule and regs that just do not make sense at all. I wrote a letter to the GB when i was a kid. Telling them they didn't make any sense. I wonder if they still have THAT one on file.

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/home.html

• Mulan
    Mulan

We discussed this topic at dinner last night, and my JW mother was apalled, and said it was very, very wrong, to do that. Poor Mom. She is going to learn a lot, living with us, isn't she? I bring up stuff from the board all the time.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• anewlife
    anewlife

JT

I completely agree with you! Why would ANYONE put themselves through YET ANOTHER rejection by the supposed friends? My father actually came by my work and invited me to the Memorial this year. (He hasn't spoken to me in over a year so that was something in itself.) However, I told him I didn't want to see those people. It's bad enough running into one of them at Wal-Mart, let alone a room full of them so they can find another way to make me feel like an outcast. I, too, believe this rejection put upon people can cause psychosis and depression in some individuals and also believe there will be a lawsuit against the organization one day with the shunned individual winning the case!!!! (This is a form of discrimination, of which there are numerous laws now!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit