Memorial policy. Is that true all over?

by Mulan 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I was interested in the post earlier today, about how the 'emblems' were not passed to the disfellowshipped people at the Memorial.

Does anyone know if this is the policy now, or was it an isolated incident?

My husband, a former elder, said he had never heard of that being done before. But we've been gone for 4 years too.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Nope, never heard of it. Sounds like another urban legend to me.

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Nah, ain't neva happened in my experience....it would defeat the purpose of trying to get such ones back into the fold.....

It was a joke! And you fell for it like the fascists you are! - Rick - The Young Ones

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Over the decade or so I was disfellowshipped, and attended the Memorial,

I was never handed the emblems at those locations where it was known I was disfellowshipped. They deliberately were handed around me, and it was really hilarious.

If they were under the impression I was merely an 'interested person' (I would tell them I had a Witness daughter back east) I was handed the emblems to pass on.

Back 'in' the org now, I did not attend.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It's nothing new, Mulan. Much like dungbeetle, the emblems are passed by the DF person. Of course, in many KH the DF person is nort allowed to sit in the body of the congregation!

I understand one Sydney congregation (Marrickville) makes DF persons sit in the lobby!!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I dont know about other places, but in the South Chicago suburbs in a congregation called Canterbury Congregation in Markham, Illinois.. this WAS the practice.

At the Memorial they had a DF row.. and the emblems were subsequently passed by the entire row so that the DF ones were not even given the emblems to hold.

In hindsight, why would someone submit themselves to such humiliation? How many souls are needlessly driven to depression and psychosis?

I truly do hate the WT.

PERSONAL WEBPAGE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html
    FREELANCE ARTWORK FOR SALE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/JasonArtwork1.html

• Dawn
    Dawn

Well Damn - now I wish I had gone this year.

I'd love to stand up and say "hey - you missed me!!!!!"

I went last year and sat near the front, and they passed me the emblems. I even sang ([=:0]), but it was hard to get into "The Lord's Evening Meal" (blah blah blah) song after spending the last year singing at a very musical southern baptist type church!!

Boy could they use a worship team or what?!!

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Oh that's just NASTY. I've neva had that experience, maybe Queenslanders are more relaxed....we had a disfellowshipped couple show up and people were talking to them...sure they had to sit up the back, but they weren't ignored....what would be the purpose....here they are, of their own initiative, so don't they qualify as having faith? Even if its a little, a little is better than none in my books!

Oh this lot are confusing me!!!!!!!!!

It was a joke! And you fell for it like the fascists you are! - Rick - The Young Ones

• Princess
    Princess

I wonder why any disfellowshipped person would bother to attend. I would never sit in the back row, especially if someone said I had too, and I certainly wouldn't let it go unnoticed by everyone in attendance that I had been skipped. Why purposefully humiliate yourself in front of those people?

Princess

• blondie
    blondie

I have never seen or heard of this happening. It is not the official view:

Feburary 1, 1976 Watchtower page 76
    "Keep Doing This in Remembrance of Me"

Those counted as partakers are those known as faithful, baptized servants of God. We do not invite disfellowshiped persons to attend. But if such a one is present, there is no reason to be disturbed if he is seated in a row with others and proceeds to partake of the emblems. Such a one is not counted, in any case, as a partaker.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit