Farewell To A Dear Friend

by NCO 10 Replies latest jw friends

• NCO
    NCO

I'm posting here to say farewell to a friend who for all I know died a JW. This won't be easy because I'm crying as I post this. I lost touch with this friend maybe 20 or more years ago and didn't know she had died until today. I found out today that she'd been abused until she was 16 and that abuse led to her death due to the medial problems that it caused.

She is survived by one daughter.

Maranda, I loved you then and love you now. You were a dear friend and meant the world to me. You were the first crush I had as a little kid, you were like a sister to me as a teen, and now you're both the sister I never had and that long lost love that never happened all at once now that I just learned the sad news.

If only someone had known, if only someone had done something before it was too late.

But no one did and now you're no longer with us. You're with Jesus now and I can only wait for that day when I can again see your smile.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. What a touching tribute. It's so hard to find out that someone who held a spot in our heart went through suffering we never even knew about. I hope you are able to convey to her daughter how much her mother meant to you. I'm sure it will mean a lot.

• NCO
    NCO

I wish I could but I can't get in touch with her family at all. I can only mourn for her here among fellow ex-JW's. It hurts so badly to only be able to tell people I don't even know when I should have been hugging her mom and daughter way back when she died.

The news didn't hurt as badly earlier this afternoon when I first read the email but now it is just tearing my heart out and I've never cried like this before. If you still believe in Jesus as I do, just pray. All that matters to me is that her soul finds peace.

• rebel8
  • Glander
    Glander

Very touching. Sweet sadness. Best to you NCO,

G.

Have you tried the local newspaper obits. to find some details?

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

I am so sorry you lost your friend. I am starting to lose my friends from my JW days and I feel I can't get in touch with their family. I have a cousin I was very close too who is still a JW (both in our 60s) I recently found out she had a stroke and I am fearful of calling her. I know how much this cult rules hurts you.

• zeb
    zeb

My deepest condolences.

I hope that the warmth from your friends and the memories are sustaining to you at this time.

Zeb

• clarity
    clarity

NCO ..... aaww so sorry this happened. Hope you feel better soon.

>

What do you think she would say to you right now.....

probably - "NCO ....honey, go and live your life to the fullest

and be happy, be kind to everyone you meet ...and may your soul

find peace"

clarity

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

NCO,

I am so sorry things turned out as they did for your friend. A big man hug for you as you deal with this sad news.

zed

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

NCO.

A big man hug from me also. It is so sad to loose people we love and have feelings for, it's even sader when that family is still attached to this crazy cult.

Christian love

Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrender my no more, forever)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit