interesting Rumour

by Slidin Fast 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quandry
    Quandry

Oh, why not in view of the overlapping generation change. They come out with such insipid drivil constantly contradicting previous insipid drivil.

I remember once about twenty-five years ago the WTS came out with a WT addressing youngish people who claimed to be annointed. They emphatically stated that if someone was going to be newly annointed surely someone with years of faithful service would be chosen and that would preclude someone young.

He certainly does look pleased with himself in the picture.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"very recently they inducted two very young men (in their late 20's) into the Branch Committee of India Bethel. This may be a foreshadow of greater things to come!"

Yeah, sure - the Indian Branch has always been a forerunner. Oh man, here we are maximazing rumours, taking the science of rumourism to new hights.

• cedars
    cedars

Nothing they do would surprise me anymore.

The only thing that would surprise me would be if they introduced reforms for the better. Everything else is just self-preservation, maintaining longevity, and increasing control.

Cedars

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

A female member of the GB would surprise me.

• Terry
    Terry

What the religion needs is an Open Letter to the worldwide members apologizing for one hundred years

of bad guesses fobbed off as the ear-whispers of Jehovah. They should take hit and announce a huge re-think and

then move forward after discarding 1914, blood policy, oppressive sex controls and compulsory door-to-door sales.

What would be left? A large group of under-educated, slightly befuddled nincompoops standing around scratching their head.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They will do whatever any other Corporation will do to survive. That means bringing in new blood, err..ummm, I mean new blood-substitutes." I love the wackiness. I live for the day when a family member asks me why I know what the WTBTS will do before anyone else. I will say, " It's easy. All corporations are concerned with survival. Just think like a corporation."

• L3G
    L3G

Cedars:

" The only thing that would surprise me would be if they introduced reforms for the better. Everything else is just self-preservation, maintaining longevity, and increasing control."

How true, how true.

Data-dog, you're spot on too!

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

With a GB member that young they would have along time to rethink things and keep the publishing company in business. Just think of the video games they could now present to the public, and how the video games would keep young JW's from investigating TTATT!

Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( I Will surrender my mind no more, forever)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I don't think this will cut it anymore....

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I personally found that the appointment of Mark Sanderson born in about 1966 was an absolute travesty. I was brought up in the faith and have now reached retirement age. I have met governing body members now dead, I think they would be turning in their graves (they certainly are not directing things from heaven) if they saw what is being taught and done now.

This new batch simply are free from having to bow to the old timers, yep, they are all gone and can't argue.. They gleefully rewrite years of explanation and theology clutching at straws in the wind so that we now have fanciful ideas that stretch credulity to a breaking point.

I don't know whether the rumour is true or not but this crew of imposters make a joke of the values that kept the generations that have come and gone going, however misguided they were. There were some good people and every day that goes by makes their lives seem more pointless and mistaken.

I feel grieved for them all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit