If our Elders show up unannounced again....

by Newly Enlightened 31 Replies latest members private

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

The 15 inch Bowie knife is what does it! Brother of the Hawk actually made that knife himself.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Aug 7th: Ok, they showed up again. Different ones this time, when BoTH was at work and I was home alone. They hadn't heard about how my mother in law slandered us and called all of our friends and family and told them we were all apostates. I told them what had happened and the only way they can help is to go DF that Jezebel mother in law of mine. Other than that there is NOTHING they can do to help. I also told them that I was done talking to elders and please just leave us alone.

He brought up that the last elders that came out here said we had issues with using the name 'Jehovah', I showed him the 1980 Awake 2/1 pg 11-13. He then says, wait for it...

"Well, God's true name has been lost to history but since the Faithful & Discreet Slave has decided to use the more common name Jehovah and we would want to proudly take that name for ourselves as his witnesses and be part of His organization here on earth that takes that name."

I'm thinking 'Really"? It doesn't matter what God's name is as long as we proudly take this fictitious name invented by the Catholics?

WOW.

So I asked them again to please just leave us alone and warned them that they did not want to talk to Hubby because there hasn't been an elder yet that came out of discussions with him unscathed.

Did they listen? NO! The same elders calls last night, [on a conference call with the other elder] and asks BoTH if we can all get together and discuss this and 'help' us. BoTH asked them to explain the headship arrangement, the hee-hawed, Ummmm around then BoTH goes, you came out here and had a spiritual discussion with my wife alone without me even knowing about it. You usurped MY headship and have lost your freeness of speech. i strip you of your authority! THEN HUNG UP ON THEM!

Love it!

So this morning, first thing, I made a call to our lawyer and he is going to draft a 'Cease & Desist' letter from any further communication, harrassment, showing up at our home uninvited etc. It is better than a restraning order he claims because it is more detailed, but we can still call the cops!

• blondie
    blondie

NE, I do believe your MIL is on their ass to do something but they really just might want to let it go. Those elders need to grow a couple.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Oh man. I get the feeling they are "building a case", don't you?

Don't let them. Send the letter and be done with them.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Yep. Especially now that we have a pitbull lawyer that says they are violating our civil rights in regards to a fair hearing with representation and face our accusers.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Oh yeah, their next step will be to send us a certified letter requesting our presence to a JC meeting. We will be refusing to go.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

You guys are playing this just right IMO. Thanks for keeping us informed hopefully they will leave it alone.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Oh man....if they really go there, it might be a nice way to get some taped JC goodness........just saying.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I do not get it, are these elders really dumb? They have been given clear verbal instruction that you do not want them to call . Around here that is good enough for an announcement of disassociation. Why do you have to use a lawyer? A simple 2 line letter stating that you no longer wish to be J W's would have the same effect and produce the aforesaid anouncement - which the lawyers letter will.....

Is it different in the U K ?

Anyway that was a briliant costome shown in the O/P. Reminds me of when I met some re-enactors at a Summer Fayre some while back. They were in to the American Frontier Men period and happily talked to us and explained a lot. One of them let me hold his reproduction gun, which is the nearest I have got to holding a firearm , in li'l old England....

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Well we can ALWAYS use more audio/video recordings of JW elder blathering...YES YES YES!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit