What is your favorite bible scripture ...

by Freethinking76 28 Replies latest jw friends

• tornapart
    tornapart

John 6:68... Peter says 'Lord, WHOM shall we go away to?' JWs say... 'WHERE shall we go away to?'

• HowTheBibleWasInvented
    HowTheBibleWasInvented

Four scriptures you will never heard read in a Kingdom Hall:

1. Numbers 22:27- . 27 When the ass got to see Jehovah’s angel she now lay down under Ba′laam; so that Ba′laam’s anger blazed, and he kept beating the ass with his staff.

2. 2 Kings 9: 8- 8 And the whole house of A′hab must perish; and I must cut off from A′hab anyone urinating against a wall and any helpless and worthless one in Israel.

3. 2 Kings 9:18- ” 18 Accordingly a rider on a horse went to meet him and said: “This is what the king has said, ‘Is there peace?’” But Je′hu said: “What do you have to do with ‘peace’? Get around to my rear!”

And the watchman went on to report, saying: “The messenger came as far as to them, but he has not returned."

4. (THE BEST ONE!) Ezekiel 23:20 - 20 And she kept lusting in the style of concubines belonging to those whose fleshly member is as the fleshly member of male asses and whose genital organ is as the genital organ of male horses.

• InChristAlone
    InChristAlone

Philippians 4:6-7 - "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

• St George of England
    St George of England

Jeremiah 25:12 - 70 years ends with destruction of King of Babylon, 539 BCE, NOT 537 BCE which is only to fit in with 1914 CE.

George

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

2 Thess 4:11, my favorite part is where the NWT says mind your own business - but they don't.

Also Prov 25:17 - i used to think of that scripture as i got into cars for fs and thought, i am certainly weary of these faces and they sure seem like they are weary of mine, too!

• hybridous
    hybridous

Ecclesiates 1:18

For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.

• processor
    processor

Four scriptures you will never heard read in a Kingdom Hall:

I want to add Psalm 78:65:

Then Jehovah began to awake as from sleeping, like a mighty one sobering up from wine.

• tiki
    tiki

micah - what is he asking back of you but that you exercise justice, love kindess and be modest in walking with your god......

no mention of doah-ta-doah.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Revelation 1:8 - " I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God

Versus.

Rev 22:13 - "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

They like to claim that these two versus are talking about two different beings (Jesus and Jehovah), but how can the term "Alpha and the Omega" apply to both beings? It confounds logic.

• Thor
    Thor

I always liked the one that went something like-

as far as it depends upon you, be peaceable with all men

Mrs. Thor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit