Jehovah's Witnesses calling us "mentally diseased" hits Danish media

by Amelia Ashton 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

If you have better ideas than your opponent you use them to defeat him.

If you have no ideas or even bad ones you use insults to defeat them.

The Society is bankrupt of ideas and the last refuge is defensiveness, paranoia and lashing out.

We should pity them.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Terry they say that because they are guilty of what they call us. That is what cults do when they know others know what they are up to. Totally ADD

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

I do pity them Terry. My 83 year old mother is alone and lost in this cult. Before a couple of months ago I was too busy raising my my familly and securing a life for them and being shunned. I have to be true to myself.

Long life and best wishes Terry.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I am a married long-fry

• HowTheBibleWasInvented
    HowTheBibleWasInvented

If this is the way Danish Witnesses are reacting to the 'Worlds Apart' Movie then it's pathetic!

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Terry I should say that my mother is not totally alone she has the truth and the brothers and my childless brother and his wife and that is it. I feel sorry for her but I don't think she does?

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

Another article:

Jehovah’s Witnesses under fire

25. jul. 2013 13.26 English

At the recent summer conventions of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Silkeborg and Herlufmagle, speakers likened lapsed members to a deadly virus, snakes and contaminated soil that should not be mixed with clean soil.

The rhetoric was so strong that the movement may have breached article 266b of the Danish Criminal Code, under which “a ny person who publicly or with the intention of dissemination to a wide circle of people makes a statement or imparts other information threatening, insulting or degrading a group of persons on account of their race, colour, national or ethnic origin, belief or sexual orientation shall be liable to a fine, simple detention or imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years” .

Overstepping the markThis is the conclusion of lawyer Niels-Erik Hansen, head of the Documentation and Advisory Centre on Racial Discrimination (DRC), after having read excerpts from the sermons delivered at the summer conventions, reports Danish newspaperKristeligt Dagblad.

“The speeches clearly overstep the mark. When someone compares another group to deadly diseases and snakes, we’ve moved into the core area of the anti-discrimination article,” said Hansen.

Harsh attitude towards defectors

“The speeches are the same type of rhetoric that we heard against the Jews in Europe in the 1930s. This is precisely what the anti-discrimination article was introduced to restrain,” said Hansen.

Jehovah’s Witnesses are known for having a harsh attitude towards those who choose to leave the movement. Among other things, many defectors find that existing members refuse to have any contact with them.

Nevertheless, Poul Dal, chairman of the Support Group for Former Jehovah’s Witnesses, believes the language used at the summer conventions represents a stepping up in rhetoric.

Could be reported

“The rhetoric has become more intense in recent years, when they have begun to use terms such as ‘mental illness’ and ‘Satan’s workers’ in relation to former members who now oppose the religious community,” said Dal.

The support group is now considering reporting Jehovah’s Witnesses to the police for violating the anti-discrimination article.

Carit Stypinsky, a spokesperson for Jehovah’s Witnesses, denies that the summer conventions’ sermons and denunciations of former members are in breach of Danish laws.

http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Andre_sprog/English/2013/07/25/132435.htm

• Londo111
    Londo111

Awesome! Thanks, TJ!

I wonder if they decided to prosecute, who would be tried since the outlines come from Brooklyn?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The Danish judicialry would not have any jurisdiction over anything published in another country (although they could potentially petition the internation court in The Hague).

Nevertheless, they most certainly could prosecute anyone in Denmark that publicly makes such hateful remarks.

Watch this space!

• sir82
    sir82

The arrogance and hubris of WT leaders will get them yet.

One of these days they're going to have to offer an embarrassing public apology, or pay a hefty fine, or both.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit