GUESS What I Can Enjoy Now, That Being In WT Kept Me From?

by Iown Mylife 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Barbershop Harmony singing groups! I've enjoyed that type of music since I first heard it as a kid. Just today ran onto a local group that welcomes visitors.

WHERE do those barbershop groups ALWAYS do their performing? You got it -- churches!

• Farkel
    Farkel

:GUESS What I Can Enjoy Now, That Being In WT Kept Me From?

Ahem. Well, if you are male and single, you can now take advantage of this mantra:

So many women. So little time!"

Oh, and you can watch TV on meeting nights and not feel guilty, too. (Among 250,000 other things you can now do without feeling guilty and worrying that the machine-gun Nazi god in the heavens will slaughter you for not selling Watchtower trash.)

Farkel

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

HAH! you're right, Farkel! lol

I remember trying to rush off home of a Thur after the meeting, wanting to see Dallas! AND feeling guilty but i just wanted to see it SO MUCH!

(the first Dallas) We were the last to have a vcr. But even after we got one i had VCR Failure Anxiety, and wanted to be home to make sure it was recording.

I remember people constantly including in their talks that we were wasting time if we read the newspaper. If we kept our cars clean. But then if the car was dirty they didn't like that either.

I attended a wedding at a big church, THAT was frowned upon mightily! There would be so many frownie faces if they saw me going to hear singing at a church!

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Going to Friday fish frys or spaghetti dinners at churches. Some of the Catholic churches around here have the best!

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Church activities in August! here is the list three nights of indoor activities with pizza, beach trip, white water rafting, soccer games, horse back riding, Oaks Park fun rides and roller skating.

Northwest JWs do not plan activities as a group.

• rmt1
    rmt1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpm3EGJlHF4

FRED - I Got Rhythm (barbershop)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fe11OlMiz8

Straight No Chaser - 12 Days (a cappella)

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Why could you not enjoy that before???

• flipper
    flipper

I OWN MY LIFE- Good for you ! Glad to hear you are enjoying life and taking in some healing music ! I'm heavily involved in music as well in my life now and it feels great ! Keep doing what you enjoy doing ! Peace out, mr. Flipper

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Church fish fries fries and spaghetti dinners, barbershop quartets, watching a favorite show, enjoying music, volunteer activities, sleeping n on Satuday. Hmmm..., just as the Borg always said, we apostates just left because we wanted to live a life of sin. I mean such debauchery . I bet some of you even buy Girl Scout cookies.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

So many women. So little time!

Happy to know you can actually live without the guilt trips Iownmylife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit