How To Be Subversive While Knowing TTATT And Stuck Inside The Watchtower Corporation Confines?

by frankiespeakin 27 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

So you found out it is all BS but due to family and friends you don't want to be disfellowshipped and shunned. You have to go to these rediculous meetings maybe even engage in corporation sponsored magazine drives to get the propaganda into the homes of your neighbor in hopes of making another Corporation zombie mystified by childish magical thinking, of a jealous Deity that wants you to work for the corporation finacial interest or else die for your lack of corporation loyalty.

It is a stressful sitiuation with all kinds of trip wires one has to beware of in order not to be heading into some back room kangaroo court where obediance to the almighty corporation is the bottom line, and a fair hearing of the facts is last on the list of importance.

One consolation is that one may eventually get friends and family out of this demanding and destructive cult with patients and passage of time.

So what ideas would you like to pass on to readers? What are some of subversive activities one can engage in while stuck in this nasty bit of mandatory Corporation exercises of preaching, selling, and building?

What are your ideas?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well, not my idea exactly but little stickers placed discreetly in the covers of magazines advising that it's a cult or some such.

Take notes better still audio and distribute findings on forums youtube where ever. All can be done anonymously.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Thanks Punko,

The first thing you mentioned is risky but if done with stealth and at uncommon intervals might do some good.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Find ways to only make comments that are actually true while also not contradicting company policy, aka "WT Theology."

The last few years I was an elder I quit making comments on topics I disagreed. I dropped several of my outlines from my list of talks for the same reasons. The strange thing is that no one ever said a thing. Either they didn't notice or were afraid to say anything!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Slipping little well placed notes(not hand written) around the KH and in parked cars might get some to think about ttatt.

How about mumbling or complaining about somethings done at conventions and bethel, not exactly things that can get you before a committee but things that make listeners start developing a negative veiw of the events sponsored by the corporation. Or complaining about lack of love in congregation or harshness of the elders. Pointing out flaws in logic found in publications or talks while being careful not to tread into verbal expressions that lead to a back room committee. Just complaining in general is contagious and lowers morale, if done subtly can start many onto a more negative view of the corporation's acheivements and goals.

Making labels or name calling of elders and COs if done descreetly can have an effect on undermining loyalty to the corporation. IOW name calling but done very judiciously.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_calling

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

You can also be a fake hardliner, going beyond even the stupidity in the magazines.

"I can't believe the society has to warn us away from vampire based entertainment, a true Christian would never watch anything with magical themes"

Said while noticing the family has all of disney's movies, or the parents are LOTR fans.

This attitude is also useful if you want to do an immediate fade (if that's not an oxymoron).

"I'm so stumbled, there's no love in this congregation, it's bad for my relationship with jehovah to associate with ones who would freely watch a 15 (or NC-17) rated movie"

• SophieG
    SophieG

I WISH at times I was still in…just so I could be subversive and have *innocent* conversations with people about the TTATT.

But never fear…where there is a will, there is always a way.

I still seem to have LOTS of JW friends on social media. One of my latest “stunts”- I am reading: Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief .

I love to post things I am reading about the history of COS, because while it’s really over the top, the cult mindset is similar to WTBS. So I am always “shocked” at what I am reading and “how can people just join a group like this, it’s almost like a cult” *GASP*. I also made a big deal about Leah Remini leaving COS and how they tried to “get her family to shun her”.

That’s my *hint-hint*.

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

Being the lowest form of life in the JW food chain, a mere study, gave me a bit more scope for mischief than most. This trick drove my tame MS, brother Ned Flanders, completely nuts. Pick an example of towering JW dumbassery, whether it be Stalinist micro-management, doctrine requiring mental gymnastics to understand or a good old fashioned scandal. Then bring it up in conversation, but don't seem to openly criticise mother org, do so as an honest, sincere dubbie trying to make sense of something senseless.

Last time I used it was when they announced the 10 pence / 15 cent levy per publisher for 17 months, to pay for the missionaries convention. I asked why would they impose that extra hardship on the publishers globally, 10p might not seem much to you, but most growth is in developing countries and it could be a big deal to them. Why impose this burden to pay for a convention that's going to happen anyway, is already paid for, and will bring in more than enough in donations at the time. They've just sold the Bossert Hotel for $80,000,000 so what do they need the extra $18,000,000 for?

Unless it's to pay the settlement in the Candace Conti lawsuit (Brother Ned hadn't even heard of this, let alone that they lost big-time). Perhaps the GB don't want to pay it with their own money, so they've come up with this idea to get the poor bloody infantry to pick up the tab instead? I just don't understand it, why would they act this way if they're guided by holy spirit?

This then gave me the perfect opening to "educate" brother Ned in all the sordid machinations of the org in the Conti case, but always from the angle of someone confused by how what the org says and what it does doesn't correlate. Bro Ned went into the default cult defensive mode, but when he tried to defend it, I just agreed with him, saying ...yes, I know it shouldn't happen, but it did. Something went very wrong... and so forth. Agreeing with him completely threw him off his game, they may be briefed to deal with opposition, but when you throw these clusterf***s at them and AGREE with them, they can't cope.

• BobFlanagan007
    BobFlanagan007

"I'm so stumbled, there's no love in this congregation, it's bad for my relationship with jehovah to associate with ones who would freely watch a 15 (or NC-17) rated movie"

15? A group of us from my old congregation each got a major bollocking from an elder for going to see a 12 (Forrest Gump)

Pathetic organisation.

Not sure what advice I can give the OP, sorry.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I think appearing as a real student (or better yet, BEING a real student) of the Bible is effective. I've had many conversations with elders and others about what I read IN THE BIBLE, such as comparing Paul's first-hand account of the meeting with the "governing body" with Luke's account. Why, for example, Paul had to go there. How long it took Paul to report to Jerusalem, and that Paul went, not to get a decision, but to tell them what was wrong, hoping he wasn't wasting his time. It's enlightening to casually discuss it after the meeting or out in field service, not in an accusatory way, but more of a, 'hey, I was reading this... check it out' sort of way.

I found one this morning I plan on doing the same thing with. Look up the word "robes" in Revelation 7 (note who wears them), then compare that to Revelation 22:14. You could even say: "I looked this up and such and such a Watchtower says this applies to anointed Christians, but that isn't what these verses say. I find it interesting, and a little confusing at the same time. What do you think?" Non-committal, non-accusatory, but just may get some brain cells to start firing.

The idea is to get them to THINK for themselves, not tell them what it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit