Aliens: Vatican Prepared (Not WTS)

by metatron 18 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0802629.htm

If you Google 'Vatican and Aliens', you will find a number of references to Vatican officials making positive remarks about extraterrestrials - including a few who outrightly assert that they exist. In addition, the Vatican is interested in observatory time used for locating earth-like planets.

In summary, it looks like they wish to be prepared, come what may. This contrasts with Witlesses who would likely become hysterical and scream "Demons!".

OTOH, it is worth considering that, perhaps, the WTS is becoming prepared for profoundly negative events by selling everything off and hiding in their upstate NY country club.

metatron

• Think About It
    Think About It

If aliens ever did actually present themselves to earth, you can bet that the dark ages WATCHTOWER would proclaim them manifestations of demons to deceive mankind.

Would love to see a picture of the alien beam blowing up the WATCHTOWER Brooklyn headquarters. LOL

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    metatron - "...It is worth considering that, perhaps, the WTS is becoming prepared for profoundly negative events by selling everything off and hiding in their upstate NY country club."

Pretty sure you're not the first person to be thinking along those lines (Disclosure or otherwise).

I always liked Star Trek and Star Wars when I was a kid, but I remember thinking once when I was in my late teens/early twenties that if honest-to-God First Contact ever occurred, the WTS would not handle it well at all.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Think About It - "...the dark ages WATCHTOWER would proclaim them manifestations of demons to deceive mankind."

I dunno... they might try something like that, but even if they did, it'd be a pretty hard sell, since WT eschatology is pretty specific about what demons can and cannot do.

Full-on wackos like Pat Robertson would definately say that sort of thing, but even the WTS tries to distance itself from his flavor of spittle-flecked ranting (at least up 'til now, anyway).

Whatever the case, there are pretty strong indications that American fundamentalists of all stripes would react very, very negatively to any kind of First Contact scenario; the fundy worldview just doesn't really allow for ETs' existence.

Probably the reason why full Disclosure hasn't happened yet (assuming there actually is anything to Disclose); bipartisan cooperation would probably be required. Fundy evangelicals are still considerably entrenched on the Right, so any secular GOP heavy hitters in the loop would have a pretty strong incentive to just sit on it.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I say," bring it!!" I am bored. I need something to do. If aliens are bad then we can form a resistance. If they are good, awesome.. I want to marry one with tentacles ( for my own reasons ).

Seriously, the whole disclosure thing could simply be the start of the great deception or apostasy that leads to the revealing of the " man of lawlessness." Something is going to happen that leads to an unknown individual or collective "man" to set themselves up as a GOD, according to the scriptures. If there is disclosure, I would keep one eye open..

Also, there was an WT or Awake recently that specifically mentioned aliens. I believe they said that there is no need to worry about that ever happening. Well, with their track record, I will keep an open mind.. So if ET's did show up, the WTBTS would not take it well, especially since they have predicted the opposite.

• oppostate
    oppostate

So if ET's did show up, the WTBTS would not take it well, especially since they have predicted the opposite.

And it failing to come up with a reasonable explanation the WTS would probably make this become another surreptitious flip-flop by the WTS.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Amazing how most jw do not remember what they are told. That is why the org continues to remind, remind, remind. Because of the forgetfulness of the flock, the gb can say anything and it will be accepted. It would be accepted as new light that aliens do exist.

• metatron
    metatron

Many years ago, a poster named "Prominent Bethelite" ( here or the old H2O) claimed that the WTS had a secret plan stashed away just in case ETs land on the White House lawn.

I don't even begin to comprehend the mindset of religious idiots who proclaim that aliens could be baptized or converted, as if humans had any grasp of what the universe is all about. It's just silly. The Born Agains would take it very hard and might become dangerous.

Maybe the WTS would call it quits in such a scenario, once they have secured themselves in Wallkill/Warwick. Nothing left to steal by fraud, so....

metatron

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    metatron - "Many years ago, a poster named 'Prominent Bethelite' ( here or the old H2O) claimed that the WTS had a secret plan stashed away just in case ETs land on the White House lawn."

Did this so-called "Prominant Bethelite" ever actually disclose what this so-called "secret plan" entailed?

• Comatose
    Comatose

If aliens existed then god would be god for them too. So no conversion would be necessary. If they did exist and made contact then it would destroy all religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit