Today is my birthday

by Gojira_101 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Well so far it is a fantastic day! I know my grandma isn't going to call me like she does every year to say she is happy I was born. You know the JW form of wishing someone a happy birthday. But a good friend of mine who I guess I have adopted as my grandma, she is a little younger than my grandma, she sent me a card this morning and said almost exactly what my grandma used to tell me. Of course that made me cry.

For the first time in my life I don't feel bad on my birthday. I would always love getting the happy birthday comments, but as a "good" JW I would always say "thank you, but I'm one of JW's and I don't celebrate" I hated that!!!!!!! Now I can proudly say thank you to my friends who care for me and don't have to give a GD witness!

Shyla

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I HOPE IT'S AWESOME!

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy
    Happy Birthday Shyla! I hope you have a wonderful day and many more to come. I also hope you get a nice birthday cake!! LOL My kids are in town and I have never celebrated their birthdays so I had two beautiful cakes made for them, one for my dil and grandaughter it was two tiered and the other for my grandson. I had a family barbecue and at the end of the evening I pulled them out and they were so surprised plus it made them feel good because it was our first!!
  • Ding
    Ding

Happy Birthday!

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOPE U HAVE A BIG BASH!

"You say it's Your Birthday? It's my birthday too yeah!"

• BU2B
    BU2B

Happy Birthday to you!!!! Hope it is a great one, and many more to come!

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Happy Birthday Shyla. What a beautiful name your parents gave you on the day of your birth. This is also a special day for your parents. Hope you and your husband areable to go out and celebrate.

• arwen
    arwen

Happy Birthday,, Hope you have a wonderful, special day!!!! "any many more" x0

• outofthelionsden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit