100% pure unadulterated speculation - what changes would a "New New World Tranlsation" contain?

by sir82 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mP
    mP

New World Translation,

Celebrating 100 years of Jesus presence starting in 1914.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Very interesting speculation, Sir. It makes me want to throw up.

Just Lois

• hoser
    hoser

change hebrews 10:25 from do not forsake the gathering of yourselves together to do not miss the meetings

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

do not forsake the gathering of yourselves together

The Spanish view this scripture as a reason for fiestas and have them most weeks.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Very stupid speculation, since one cannot just "put words into" the Bible if it is to be a translation. Otherwise, it would be a paraphrase, as are the Amplified Bible, Living Bible and Today's English Version, which are not translations at all. One cannot all of a sudden "put" words or expressions like GB, earthly paradise or whatever into the Bible text. Meaningless thread. And as previously stated, elsewhere in the world, Bibles are available, so it is just a "US thing". And if you consider the fact that all other translations of the NWT are made based on the English translation, it would imply that translations into tens upon tens of other languages would have to be made too, millions of Bibles printed - the cost would be HUGE. I would advice the US readers not to speculate as much as they do ................. The world is slightly larger than the US.

• Patrick45
    Patrick45

I think it would be a good idea to research the baptism formula contained in Mat.28:19. The evidence points towards a later addition dicted by Rome to "scriptualize" the trinity doctrine. As with the Comma Johanneum.

It should read that baptism has to be performed in Jesus name, as confirmed in Acts 2:38.

http://www.lighthouselibrary.com/pdf/UNKNOWN%20AUTHORS/MATTHEW%2028-19%20IS%20NOT%20SCRIPTURAL-ADDED%20%5BUnknown%20Author%5D.pdf

Happy reading.

Patrick

• gorgia2
    gorgia2

sir82

I think its great speculation! Replacing words in the bible minus the slightest nod to scholarly exegesis (or manipulating a comma placement or two) has never been a JW disfellowshipping offence (atleast within the WTS Writing Department), so who knows what's next?

gorgia

• mP
    mP

Maybe they will add some watchtower material as part of the canon.

• hoser
    hoser

Maybe they will add some watchtower material as part of the canon.

but nothing published before 1918

because the faithful slave wasn't around yet

• gorgia2
    gorgia2

mP / hoser,

nothing before 1970!!!

gorgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit