Anyone else buy one of those Pocket Hoses seen on TV?

by Glander 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• Glander
    Glander

We bought 2. Loved them. Worked as advertised... for about a month. First one developed a big bulge and popped. a couple of weeks later the second one blew out.

Apparently you cannot shut off the the little gate valve at the discharge end for even a few minutes unless the supply is shut off. Sort of defeats the convenience of a regular hose. Also, the water pressure at the nozzle drops as soon as you turn it on.

It has it's place but not practical in a large garden where you have to walk back to the supply end and shut it off.

"CALL NOW!.....But Wait!"

• Stealth
    Stealth

Crap, I learned years ago not to purchase products under the pressure of water that are made of plastic. My wife purchased two of these becuase of the light weight and they both broke within 60 days.

• Glander
    Glander

I salvaged the rubber tubing out of one of them. Might come in handy for a bong or something.

• Simon
    Simon

I love the "as seen on TV" products, especially when it's obvious that someone has been locked in a room until they invent something.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

my family bought 2 and they both popped within a month.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    my family bought 2 and they both popped within a month.

But look at the bright side: you got the second one free (just pay separate shipping and handling).

Rub a Dub

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I just bought one, it was a concern, I wondered how long it would last. I do like the functionality of the collapsing hose, as we have a very small yard, and it takes up so little space when you turn the water off, we had one of the wind up hoses in a box and it was very difficult to wind up and took so much space. I kept the receipt, so if it pops I may be able to take it back.

• Simon
    Simon

Hey, "As seen on TV" is an absolute guarantee of quality.

Everything is manufactured using only the finest Chinese lead and plastics and often delivers many minutes of service.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Our master gardening club bought one as a product survey. We tested it out like you would use a regular hose and found out it was alright but we only used it for a couple of hours. We don't know how it would hold out over a summer period. Totally ADD

• Glander
    Glander

ADD

Leave the hose shut off under pressure. Based on your typical city supplied water pressure it will rupture in less than 30 minutes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit