What use is God?

by punkofnice 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

.....it seems like the human race is in the process of solving it's own problems......isn't it? God is doing what exactly? God seems rather want to show his boat race about this planet any more. What happened to good old fashioned miracles?

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

2000 years of waiting has taken its toll.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Punk, you're not looking in the right places for miracles. If you want to see bona fide, true, fair dinkum miracles, contact your local herbal pills/essential oils/goji juice/or other 'health' multi level marketing consultant. Those things can cure cancer, get rid of varicose veins, make you live longer, lose weight, fix your back pain...true miracles!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What use is God ? Belief gives many a nice, warm fuzzy feeling, belief that a Sky-daddy cares about them.

The fact that this is often counter-productive, as problems that they should face and solve they "Leave to Jehovah (or God, or the baby Jesus)" escapes them.

Such belief, more often than not, does not make for "together" personalities ready to contribute to making the world a better place.

• mP
    mP

God is the promise that never comes, its the lie given to the poor by the rich to subdue, enslave and rob them of their lives and freedom.

Religion has never helped the everyday man, its always been a tool of oppression used by the elites.

Im not repeating a boring rant, i challenge anybody to show an exa,mple of religion actually helping the common man. I mean the general pyblic and not one off specific examples.

• smiddy
    smiddy

It`s been close on 2000 years since God had any direct involvement with humanity. Can anybody identify the longest timespan before jesus time between Gods intervention in one way or another ? I dont think it would be anywhere near 2000 years , so whats he doing ?

smiddy

• mP
    mP

@smiddy

except for the exodus, did Jehovah ever help the jews ? Im not saying it happened but it would appear that investing or trusting in jehovah doesnt buy you much.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

2+2=5 - …and we keep waiting!

Julia – I just look at the WBT$’s increase and I see a miracle. They’re slowing down!

Phizzy – Yes. The old ‘wait on god’ is just an excuse not to do owt.

mP – God is the promise that never comes. Nice quote. A promise is a comfort to a fool as Gregory Isaacs sang.

Smiddy – That would be interesting. To see how long god leaves it each time before doing something miraculous. I be he’s way overdue, the old skiver.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

mP the only thing I think religion has given us is great examples of architecture they used in their churches. Other than that lot's of hurt and despair. Totally ADD

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

TotallyADD - I enjoy hearing a good choir too. Apart from that the absence of god is deafening.

I lament the death of god....................it means I'm on my own now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit