Fastest growing Religious group in the USA is "None of the above" it is "No Religion'.

by jam 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I am not surprised at this new category. Many people are sick of religious hypocrisy and all the scandals.

• Giordano
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Also this: "A 2012 survey found that 36% of the world population is not religious and that between 2005 and 2012 world religiosity decreased by 9 percentage points.[3] The Pew global report in 2010 noted that many that are not religious have some religious beliefs and the majority of nonreligious come from Asia and the Pacific.[4] According to one source, it has been estimated that 40–50% of non-religious people hold belief in at least one deity, or in some higher power.[5] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion

• Satanus
    Satanus

Terrorists and atheists are the big threats to britain. Haha. Someone is lacking intelligence.

S

• jws
    jws

Hold on people! We're making some leaps here. Saying you don't go to church doesn't mean you're atheist or agnostic.

I remember reading what Giordaro quoted. And as stated, many believe in god, but don't really identify with a church.

IMO, there are many people who grew up with religion and just don't have the time for it. They haven't taken the time to really explore the matter and just kind of go with what they once knew as far as beliefs.

I myself am seeing a big rise in atheism among people I am meeting. And that's in the baptist south. And many that are more like the survey results. They aren't really a churchgoer, but still loosely believe. I think a good dose of reasoning could easily cure them of that, and IMO, I think I've done that in a few cases.

If there were a god, he shouldn't matter which brand of church you go to, so long as you believe in his particular form of the product (Chrstianity, Judasm, Muslim, etc.). The big concern is for the churches who aren't getting these people into pews where they can fork over some hard earned cash.

• cantleave
    cantleave

There are still far too many people who live with a god delusion

• Giordano
    Giordano

World wide 'nons are now the third largest group at 1.2 Billion people. Many still have religious beliefs but no longer identify with any religion.

Of interest in the Pew Survey for the USA, is that 88% of those who are nons are not looking for a religion.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Thanks. Framing it this way has put me in a better mood. Even 'normal' Christians wear me down. Nice to see it all on the decline.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

I think the believe in a god it's a venial sin.

I think atheists must focus on attacking organized religion. God is a so loose concept that's impossible to direct deconstruction.

I know the god belief it's what leads people to organized religion, but organized religion it's a objectively defined concept. God is what everyone wants to be, there's no two people with the same god concept.

Focus must be organized religion. Organized religion must end.

I think that's exactly the path social evolution are taking, the nature always goes to easiest way.

The god concept outside a organized religion it's so silly it's innocuos.

So let the no religion group (atheists, agnostics, independent theists) grow up!

Let's all of us unite under the big shiny umbrella called no religion group!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

More and more, modern society is able to provide what could previously only be acquired from organized religion in the past, with far less ideological commitment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit