30 JWs baptized every hour

by Calebs Airplane 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

30 per hour is 720 per day.

Each day 370.000 babies are born and each day 150.000 persons die, a net increase each day of 220.000.

Each day that Armageddon is delayed, an additional 219.280 persons will have to be killed, assuming JWs only make it.

The ANNUAL increase in numbers of JWs is not much more that the DAILY increase of people on this planet.

Further this figure is inflated, as it doesn't take all the leavers into account.

• innerpeace
    innerpeace

My mom said recently that they are printing bibles and literature in over 1,000 languages. That can't be right?

• carla
    carla

My jw was bragging about jw numbers to someone one day and the person said, "hmm, sounds like pride to me". His response? crickets......

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

20,000,000,000 - Pieces of Bible-based literature published by Jehovah's Witnesses over the past 10 years...

That's roughly 675 million trees killed !!!

I guess the time will come when Jay Hoover will "bring to ruin to [the Watchtower] for ruining the earth" -Revelations 11:18

• besty
    besty

2.5 steps forward + 1 step back = 2% growth

(figures have been rounded)

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/statistics.php

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

• 595 - Languages in which they publish Bibles and Bible-based literature

Interesting thoughts from the translation blog http://www.translationblog.co.uk/exactly-how-many-languages-are-there-in-the-world/

"So how many of these languages are regularly translated by Applied Language? Well, it’s a lot but not quite 6909…….we reckon that about 200 languages are translated regularly by our global offices into documents, websites, brochures and anything else you can imagine. The range of languages required by our interpreting team is rather smaller at about 100."

"The difference is no mystery; companies that translate their promotional material may be selling into every part of the globe and therefore their need is very broad whilst a hospital in Manchester, for example, will only have to deal with the resident non-native speakers and unwell tourists that come through its doors. Although the interpreting requirement is significant, it rarely exceeds 100 different languages."

• besty
    besty

top 11 languages gets you 40% coverage - the rest is just posturing by the WTS.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

They're doing the Wal-mart thing. Go into areas and publish in languages so remote and grab all the people no one else will.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2013/7/20/255456/The-2013-God-s-Word-Is-Truth.aspx

I will be able find out the writer of this article. Please provide me with good links to refute these claims. I have some in my computer files, but I don't have time to do all the compiling before I go out of town. Maybe I can get a good little story going here if that writer, or another one there, is game for it.

I would love this.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

According to the JW 2012 and 2013 Yearbooks, the increase in the number of peak publishers from 2011 to 2012 was 123327.

Yet they report that the number baptised was 268777.

This means that about 145450 stopped reporting.

Also, the reason the increase in the number of congregations is not proportional to the increase in baptisms is because most of those baptised are children of current JWs, and are already attending a JW congregation. (A similar trick is used for attendance of JW meetings kept in congregation records, where '100%' is considered to be the number of publishers, but the total number of people are actually counted, including children of JWs. So '100% attendance' isn't actually 100% of those assigned to the congregation.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit