30 JWs baptized every hour

by Calebs Airplane 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

I just came across this gem on "the Chatanoogan"... It was an ad/article about the 2013 DC at the NW Georgia Trade & Convention Center Arena ...

What I found most interesting was the fluff at the end of the article...

Fast Facts - Jehovah's Witnesses Worldwide

• 6 - New congregations formed each day
    • 30 - People baptized each hour on average
    • 239 - Lands where Jehovah's Witnesses currently preach
    • 595 - Languages in which they publish Bibles and Bible-based literature
    • 111,719 – Congregations worldwide
    • 7,538,994 - Ministers who teach the Bible
    • 19,000,000 - People who attend their meetings or conventions
    • 179,000,000 - Bibles published by Jehovah's Witnesses in 116 languages
    • 20,000,000,000 - Pieces of Bible-based literature published by Jehovah's Witnesses over the past 10 years

Are you kidding me? 6 congos formed each day? That would mean 2,190 congos are formed each year! And, in theory, those 2,190 new congos should be able to accomodate all the new members at a rate of 30 per hour (or 262,950 members per year)... that's over 120 newly baptized publishers per new congo. Something just doesn't add up... what am I missing?

• Mum
    Mum

Apparently, some journalists don't do their research!

• Think About It
  • 6 - New congregations formed each day
  • 30 - People baptized each hour on average
  • Yeah right........and Pinochio's nose never grew when he told a lie.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Oh please . . . . what a crock.

I'm with Mum, they don't do any research

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I wonder why they don't report how many per day are ceasing any activity or association with JW's?

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Or those that they are dissolving and selling. They are dissolving us 2 years after we built a brand new Hall. Can't figure it out. I heard they were closing down a couple more in this area. ?? We're good people.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Calebs Airplane- I think you are confusing the # of baptized per year ( 262,000) as only belonging to the newly formed( 6 per day) congregations solely and not all congregations of JW' s in its entirety.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Avg. of baptisms per cong ones getting baptized is 2.4 worldwide annually. Each cong avg. of 67 active reg. pubs. only worldwide. For meeting(s), it is really only the Memorial, once a year, that 19M attend, which the last couple years indicate a decrease since a couple years ago.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Fluffy articles inflate JW's opinon of their wonderful denomination and brings attention to their god who is going to kill you if you reject what is printed in their religious comic books.

• watson
    watson

Jeez, that's nothing. Back in the day, when we had 6 month bible studies in the "Truth That Leads To Eternal Life" book, we were getting 250,000 a year, no problem. Even more in some years.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit