DesirousOfChange

It's OK.

(S)he will be back.

It's how I got hooked here.

Doc

• smiddy
    smiddy

mw40

You dont have to post here if you dont want to. But by all means keep coming here to peruse subjects and discussions that take place here, it is an education ,not only of jehovahs witnesses ,but of the bible and religion in general .

smiddy

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Keep your chin up Wolfy. You've probably already been told not to post here by your handler.

When the love bombing stops, usually after you're baptized, you'll find out stuff they didn't tell you that you have to comply with in order not to get shunned.

Good luck with that cobber!

We'll see you back here when it all goes sour.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Sorry mystical but as an individual who served as a witness for 13 years I have to tell you that the joy you're experiencing is short lived. Why don't you research topics such as: child sex abuse and ask your bible teachers about it. You'll be surprised that they will either deny it or say that somebody with ill will is out for a personal vendetta against the religion.

Best wishes and if you do decide in the future to pursue this way of life be advised that it's a long hard road to pleasing Jehovah and doing the monkey dance for The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society gets old really quick.

• mysticalwolf40
    mysticalwolf40

I am still here. Yes, I have been told it's best not to read any other publications or go to any other websites but I like this one You are so very truthful, good or bad There is alot of things I question and will definately do research. (I was raised Catholic but have been non-denominational for over 25 yrs)In reply to letting them in: They came back, were not pushy, had a very kind honest look on their face, etc. We started bible study once a week, but we requested a second one each week. We also go to the Jeremiah/School on Tuesday nights to study JW more and we go Sunday afternoon to learn more of the Bible. This week I am learning about the overseers (Brother Miller) visits. It is also kindof crazy next 2 weeks because our convention is next Fri, etc. Im excited to see what it is about. Guess we're lucky because the Nutter Center (Dayton, OH) is only appx 15 min drive from us. Lord willing, I will be able to make it but each day is LONG and some of us have many physical ailments. Hope I answered everyone Thank you very much for welcoming me here and the links to websites to check ( I also have the green hardback "Jehovah Witness Proclaimers of God's Kingdom" book to study). BTW, the mysticalwolf has been my e-mail for yrs... my boys all have wolfie e-mails too lol

• steve2
    steve2

mysticalwolf - sounds refreshingly like you have a mind of your own.

Above all else, value your ability to think things through for yourself.

This forum is not about ensuring everyone shares the same views; instead it is - in my opinion but I am not alone - a safe venue for "making sure of all things and holding fast to that which is fine". In order to make sure of all things it just does not pay for anyone, anywhere to be too scared to check things out - and under no circumstances should one human allow others to determine what is and what is not "the truth".

I'm glad the robust and at times impertinent - er, sorry, - replies you received to your OP did not put you off.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Welcome to the site! Listen out for the symposium at the Convention on Apostates, it's talking about normal, everyday people like us. It will tell you to avoid us as we are all mentally diseased.. Do you like the film, The Matrix? If so, you might be interested in this page.. "..It parallels well with the philosophical question posed in the movie The Matrix written by Andy&Larry Wachowski. Neo:What truth? Morpheus:That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else, you were born into bondage, born inside a prison that you cannot smell, taste, or touch. A prison for your mind. (long pause, sighs) Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself. This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. (In his left hand, Morpheus shows a blue pill.) Morpheus:You take the blue pill and the story ends. You wake in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. (a red pill is shown in his other hand) You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. (Long pause; Neo begins to reach for the red pill) Remember -- all I am offering is thetruth, nothing more.' For many people, it is easier to take the figurative blue pill and think no further as to whether what they believe is truth. Viewing the history of Watchtower doctrine, complete with all that was wrong and that has changed back and forth multiple times brings one to the understanding that holy spirit does not direct the Watchtower teachings. The same is true in regard to the appointment of brothers as well as the disfellowshipping of wrongdoers, which are also said to be done under the guidance of the holy spirit. At times, Witnesses are appointed to positions of authority whilst engaging in gross sin, making it apparent that holy spirit is not guiding the Watchtower organisation in this area either. Few people, aware of the above information prior to baptism, convert to being Jehovah's Witnesses. Once a person is ready to accept that the Watchtower Society has made significant mistakes, was not dispensing the proper food in 1919 and is not an organisation directed by God and his holy spirit, the question arises, How was I ever so sure it was thetruth?" http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/15-minute-guide-to-truth.php

• somebody
    somebody

Welcome! What have you learned that makes you enjoy your studies? What have you learned period, during your studies? For example, explain "the truth" that you're enjoying learning?

Editing to say that I should have read everyone's replys before I replied myself. Many have asked you the same questions already. Sorry about that! That's what I get for running ahead of "....." ! :-)

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi mysticalwolf40, To thine own-self be true. Most JWs are kind and believe that JWs are the friendlest, most humble, and most honest people in the World. The WTBTS tells them that, so that is what they tell everyone to hopefully convince potential bible students that they are making a wise decision.

When I participated in a Bible Study with an elder, he wanted me to read from the "What the Bible Really Teaches" phamplet more than from the Bible. Several "Red Flags" were raised in my mind because of how the elder and another Brother wanted to conduct Bible studies and how my former JW friend behaved. The elder and Brother did not want to read from the Bible and then discuss how we felt about what was written in the Bible. The elder wanted me to read from the WTBTS phamplets and agree with him on what was written in them and would put off answering my questions by saying that I was not ready to understand Bible truths. This type of Behavioral, Information, Thought, and Emotional "BITE" control technique is described in Steve Hassan's book "Combatting Cult Mind Control".

The elder also told me that JWs are not required to shun family and close friends because they are DF'ed or DA'ed. If you read the Watchtower Study Editions that are on www.jw.org instead of Simplified Editions, you will learn that JWs are indoctrinated to actively shun family and friends who are DF'ed or DA'ed. If you don't believe me, please read "When Someone We Love Leaves Jehovah" on page 30-32 in the 15 July 2011 Watchtower, Study Edition.

By the way were you baptized Catholic? If you were, before you can be baptized as a JW you must write to the Catholic Church to nullify the baptism. Do you feel that Our Father in Heaven, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit would care whether you are Baptised as Catholic or a JW? Would the Catholic Church require that a JW write to the WTBTS to nullify the baptism of a JW?

Best of wishes critically thinking for yourself.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

P.S. - The New World Translation Bible made me feel ill when I read it. I don't feel ill when I read other Bibles. I like reading the 2008 NIV study edition because opinions of different bible scholars of scriptures are printed below the scriptures.

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

Hi,MW40 and welcome! I would just suggest you INSIST on only using an NIV or similar translation during your Bible Study, leaving the conductor alone with the Jehovahs Witness bible, the New World Translation. Good idea to read the cited scriptures in both bibles. The bible study will be even more interesting that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit